Draft of Darkness roguelike deck builder games due to release soon on Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to the creative efforts of developer Crawly Games. Due to make its way onto Steam Early Access this month.
The survival horror roguelike deck builder, Draft of Darkness, will release on Steam Early Access. Along with support for Linux and Windows PC, on July 30th. Due to remaining in Early Access for 6 months to 1 year.
Along with this news, we have a new trailer and an updated demo available. Draft of Darkness has been in Private Alpha since its release in Steam Game Festival back in February. The games focus is to merge resource management mechanics and a tense atmosphere of survival horrors. Along with roguelike dungeon exploration and card battles extending the strategical depth it offers.
“When designing Draft of Darkness, I wanted to bring together elements from genres I immensely enjoy. While creating a unique experience.” said Berker Sonmez of Crawly Games, “Having played trending deck builders that focus solely on combat. I aimed to extend this experience by adding an explorable overworld. And a more present story that players will actually care about.”
Draft of Darkness – Horror Roguelike Deck Builder Trailer (Linux, Windows PC)
Taking place in a dark post apocalyptic world. Draft of Darkness tells a story from the near future. Where a synthetic substance invented to help humanity turns into a deadly virus in the wrong hands. As a result, causes corrupted robots and infected creatures to roam the streets, spreading terror. Jake and Cara, with their own reasons pushing them to search the roots of this disaster. Now find themselves in recurring events they are trapped in. Soon they will notice the strange rules of this world. They will also meet characters offering them answers. In the end, it’s up to them to choose who to trust.
Draft of Darkness integrates the main concept of roguelikes into its story. Although every run starts at the same point in time, players have a chance to affect the story permanently. So that they will see the outcomes of their choices in the next run. While revealing a new path to progress further. Aside from unlocking new cards and items. The meta progression of the story also helps it become much more integrated with the full game.
At the start of every Draft of Darkness run, players will be able to construct a starting deck for their hero. Likewise, they will select from a pool of cards they have unlocked. With the help of new companions, they recruit along the way. Players will be exploring the procedurally generated residence, streets, and hospital areas. Since each offers unique multiple choice events. Setting hazards causing status effects and dangerous bosses. All requiring different strategies. It is crucial to managing the decks of the hero and companions. This is due to create synergies between different weapon types. All while trying to save enough ammo for the next enemy.
The Demo on Linux:
Also note, if you are to looking to test the Demo. This will offer a “missing executable” message for Draft of Darkness. Therefore, you will want to
cd Draft\ of\ Darkness\ Demo/, then run
- Procedurally generated levels with detailed events offering puzzles and difficult choices,
- 135+ cards associated with 6 weapon types to construct decks with. Each weapon type having a different style and requiring creative ways to devise synergies,
- 3 heroes with their own background story and gameplay mechanics,
- 4 companion types with randomized perks and starting cards. Highlighting the importance of selecting the right party members,
- 45+ items with unique passive or active effects. Since Draft of Darkness allowing for many creative combos,
- 19 basic enemies and 9 boss fights with different mechanics. While challenging the player to change their approach. So they can test to tweak their methods,
- 16 notes to read, 35 achievements to hunt, and many secrets to uncover,
- Grungy art style blending old school digitized sprites. All with low fidelity 3d setting. Creating a unique atmosphere fitting the dark world presented.
Wishlist Draft of Darkness roguelike deck builder games due to release on Steam Early Access. So you can follow the game and gear up for the July 30th debut. The game will be priced at $9.99 USD /£7.19 / €8.18. With a 10% reduction until August 6th.