Drafting Tales will have players become a well-known and successful author. Doing so in this 2D isometric simulation game. As you play a new writer working from your small apartment. Likewise, the Steam reviews are coming in as Mostly Positive. Originally releasing in Early Access in April 2019. While reviews are positive, most people suggest waiting for the full release. As a result, the singleplayer management gameplay is now successful overall.
In Drafting Tales you produce works of literature. Since quality depends on the genre and topic combinations. Which you select and the effort points that you setup for your work’s literary elements. While you gain experience, you unlock new work types, genres, and topics. Not to mention further item that you can purchase. These also provide you with perks. And as a result, allows you to improve your works and progress in the game.
Drafting Tales Trailer
- Write articles, short stories, non-fiction and novels
- Select genre/topic combinations and allocate effort points to your work’s literary elements
- Discover the ideal genre/topic and effort point combinations. Which you can do by asking your peers for feedback
- You have limited inspiration, so you’ll need to develop appropriate strategies to maximise the number of works you produce and keep up with your expenses
- Query agents and publishers
- Get your works published in Drafting Tales. As a result, receive reviews and gain fans
- Customise and self-publish your books
- Post your articles/short-stories to your website
- Get nominated for awards
- Earn money, purchase items from the store and upgrade to a new home
- Retire rich and famous on your yacht!
As Drafting Tales releases out of Early Access. The most recent update includes some sizeable changes. Providing smoother gameplay as you earn your place amongst great authors.
- Reduced the size of the game considerably.
- Added more magazine publishers.
- The game should now have less scaling artifacts at resolutions higher than 1080p.
- Polished: Networking event questions, tutorial, some icons.
- Fixed: Text on hardcover books now uses the correct color.
- Fixed: Settings are now saved just once after closing the dialog.
Drafting Tales the full release is now live. The game is priced $12.00 USD on Itch. While Steam offers up a 15% launch week discount, dropping the price to $11.04 USD until December 18th. As players become an author in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC.