Driftland: The Magic Revival is a strategy simulation for Windows. But the games development uses Unreal Engine 4. So of course we are eager for more details about Linux support.
So reaching out to developer Star Drifters has again prompted further interest. Seeing the games currently in Early Access. Which will be the case for a while longer.
“The work proceeds according to the designated rhythm and we stick to the plan. I can not give a specific date, because it is possible that we will be publishing some limited collector’s version in boxes on some markets and we will tie these events together. We expect it will be at the end of the third quarter.”
Since this reply does not showcase a specific release date. At least the studio is on track fort Q3 2018. The games been in in Early Access since the end of November 2017. And the Polish developer expects Linux and Mac support will be after the Q3 release.
Driftland: The Magic Revival gameplay has players taking on the role of the mysterious and secretive Wild Elves. Since they have now part of the games universe. Use their unique skills and spells to win dominance over all other races. While showing the Humans and Dark Elves where their place is. Also who’s truly destined to restore glory to the once immense planet of Driftland.
Driftland: The Magic Revival – 40 minutes of gameplay:
Driftland: The Magic Revival will make fans of such classics. Since this includes the Civilization franchise. Also Heroes of Might and Magic III, Age of Wonders III, Starcraft, Endless Legend and The Settlers series. And older games like Mega-Lo-Mania, Populus, and Majesty.
At the same time, they will be quickly introduced to what’s unique about the title. A clever combination of 4X, RTS and god game genres. Seasoned with some one-of-a-kind features. Since the dynamic topography of floating islands will change the situation on the battlefield. Taming wild creatures and pairing them with a rider will impact armies’ striking force.
Keeping the action on the same map will allow gamers to manage their empire. Fight for expansion in the same tactical view. With the ability to also dynamically adjust the viewing distance.
Driftland: The Magic Revival Features:
- Explore, fight, and set goals! Instead of micromanagement, issue direct commands to your faithful army.
4X, RTS and god game combined. A special approach, introducing many features.
- Dynamic topography. The shattered planet is kept from collapsing and drifting away into the depths of space by powerful, ancient magic.
- High accessibility and replayability value. Adjust the complexity and difficulty of the maps and scenarios as you like.
- Rule Driftland – build an empire! Expand your kingdom, gather resources, become a mighty mage and merge the scattered fragments of your planet with powerful sorcery.
- Single player mode (available from the beginning of Early Access), campaigns and multiplayer mode (to be added during Early Access).
- Whether alone or with other players, Driftland: The Magic Revival is an incredible experience.
- Taming wild creatures. Create completely different battle units by combining Heroes with flying creatures.
- Everything takes place on the same map. Manage your empire and fight for expansion in the same tactical view, where you are able to dynamically adjust the distance.