Driftland: The Magic Revival is now on Steam Early Access for Windows. The games also coming to Linux and Ubuntu but later.
So now, it’s time to become a Mage Overlord. Keeping hold of the castle, tower and a small realm on one of the islands.
“Steam early access will be most likely only for the Windows platform. Final game will be released around Q3 2k18 for Windows, followed by Linux, Ubuntu and Mac.”
So the only deprecated issue with this, the games time in Early Access. Driftland: The Magic Revival will be in Early Access from 6 to 12 months. While that 6 months is the time to complete the game development. Since this depends on the player feedback. This could impact on the decision to move to the final version of the game. So that time may be reasonably longer. Which could mean a delay for the Steam release on Linux, Ubuntu and Mac. Possibly.
What is Driftland: The Magic Revival?
The games design has the player using unique powers to explore. Since this is a procedurally generated world after all. So you have to connect floating islands with one goal in mind. Expanding your great kingdom.
After a devastating war between ancient mages, a powerful spell is all that holds the shattered planet of Driftland together. Faced with the destruction of all life on the planet, including their entire civilization, the warring factions called a truce and tried to repair the damage – but it was already too late. Using all of their remaining magical powers to cast a powerful spell they were able to keep their world in relative balance.
Many dark times passed, but when all seemed utterly lost a fresh ray of hope emerged: new sources of magic appeared, and new mages were born across the planet. Now, as the dormant conflicts once again surface. These new powers will determine whether Driftland will come back to its former glory. Or the removal from the cosmos entirely.
“Working on a game we always wanted to play is a dream coming true”, says Michał Sokolski, Star Drifters CEO. “As developers and avid gamers. We realize how high we’ve raised the bar for ourselves. And how high the expectations of fans of RTS games are. Driftland: The Magic Revival is a combination of fresh ideas and unique mechanics. But our community’s feedback always comes first for us. We believe that we’ll reach the highest level of quality with the help of 4X and RTS genre enthusiasts. For an indie studio like ours. The community’s feedback is the most valuable. So join us and help make this truly unique strategy game!”
Driftland: The Magic Revival – Early Access Release Trailer:
Driftland: The Magic Revival Features:
- Explore, fight, and set goals! Instead of micromanagement, issue direct commands to your faithful army.
- 4X, RTS, and god game combined. A special approach, introducing many features.
- Dynamic topography. The shattered planet is kept from collapsing. And also drifting away into the depths of space. All from powerful, ancient magic.
- High accessibility and replayability value. Adjust the complexity and difficulty of the maps and scenarios as you like.
- Rule Driftland – build an empire! So expand your kingdom and gather resources. Become a mighty mage and merge the fragments of your planet with powerful sorcery.
- Single player mode (available from the beginning of Early Access), campaigns and multiplayer mode (to be added during Early Access). Whether alone or with other players, Driftland: The Magic Revival is an incredible experience.
- Taming wild creatures. Create completely different battle units by combining Heroes with flying creatures.
- Everything takes place on the same map. Manage your empire and fight for expansion in the same tactical view, where you are able to dynamically adjust distance.
So check out the Driftland: The Magic Revival Steam Early Access page and Humble Store. This is if you’re eager to play on Windows for the time being. The games priced at $19.99, €19.99, £14.99, pуб.435. Plus a 10% discount until December 6, 2017. While the games coming later to Linux, Ubuntu and Mac.