Drox Operative 2 hits 5 months of Early Access with another update for Linux and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing efforts of Soldak Entertainment. Currently available on GOG, as well as a discount on Steam.
Drox Operative 2 has now been in early access for a little over 5 months. As of this post, Soldak has released 26 patches (7 since the last post). As well as 933 total changes (152 since the last post). Which you can also read about here. This consists of a ton of small fixes and balance changes.
Here are a bunch of larger changes:
- Spying: You can now plant spies on planets. This gives the Drox Operative 2 player more ways to cause havoc. And also allows another way (other than treaties) to get information on what the races are up to.
- Planet screen: There is now a planet screen. This shows all of the information on planets that you have gathered. Doing so through exploring, spying, or given through treaties.
- Anomalies: There is now way more anomaly variety. There are also anomalies that trigger when the player gets too close. And many that give bonuses that last the rest of the sector.
- Rebels: Rebels are now a playable option Drox Operative 2. Available once they are unlocked and all of the rebel factions are more interesting and unique.
- Better 4X info: The player now gets more info on race ship tasks & destinations, race production, and planet values.
- Component protection: You now have more ways to protect components from damage. Components can no longer take damage if your structure is over 75% and components to the left and right on the layout will protect those in the middle some what.
Drox Operative 2 trailer
Drox Operative 2 is a starship action RPG with warring alien races, fierce space battles, a dynamic, evolving galaxy, and co-op multiplayer for Windows and Linux.
That’s it for all of the major new changes to Drox Operative 2. But Soldak still has a lot of potential changes coming up. Which you can see here.