Dwerve new tower defense RPG game for Windows PC aims at Linux support. Also the work of indie studio Half Human Games. Due to release a free alpha demo soon on Steam.
Since the free alpha demo is due for Dwerve The tower defense dungeon crawler RPG in development for Windows PC. Plus the games Demo will be available for 1 week only during Steam Games Festival, (June 16th – June 22nd). Not only that but the Steam page also has Mac listed on the Steam page. Naturally we had to reach out regarding Linux support.
For my last game, we had all sorts of seemingly random issues with Linux.
We use Unity and it has evolved a lot since then, so maybe things have changed. So I’m willing to give it another try in the future.
So clearly Unity 3D is being used for Dwerve development. Half Human also goes on to explain the issues on Linux. With the same distro having issues across different machines setups. Making the platform difficult to support.
Right now, the studio’s focused on development. And also preparing for an upcoming Kickstarter soon. The take away here, the studio’s FAQ also states the aim for “other platform” support. Plus the use of Unity should allow the Demo to be playable via Proton.
What is Dwerve?
Dwerve is a tower defense dungeon crawler RPG. You play as a young dwarven tinkerer that adventures into dwarven ruins. Working to unearth the lost technologies of the ancient warsmiths. Such as turrets and traps. Also the only weapons that can protect the dwarves from Witch Queen Vandra the Wicked and her army of bloodthirsty trolls and monstrous creatures.
Since first beginning development over 2 years ago. Half Human Games has committed itself to realizing the team’s vision for Dwerve. Inspired by the SNES classics, Dwerve takes all the RPG mechanics that RPG gamers know and love. Such as dungeon crawling, looting, questing, exploring, and storytelling. Presenting this in a new style of tactical turret based combat.
The Steam Games Festival will be the first opportunity for anyone to try the game. The developers will be kicking off the festival by streaming the Demo on the Dwerve Steam page and simultaneously hosting an AMA on the Half Human Games Discord on June 16th at 1:00 PM ET/GMT-4.
- Tactical turret-based combat. Combat involves making strategic decisions about which turrets and traps to build and where. During a battle you must rebuild, swap out, and reposition turrets to adapt to new waves of enemies and a dynamic battlefield!
- Upgrade your arsenal. Unlock 15+ turrets, each with its own unique upgrade tree. Purchase upgrades that make the turrets stronger. You decide which turret upgrades best cater to your favorite strategies and play style!
- Discover powerful artifacts. Discover all 5+ artifacts in Dwerve. Such as an arrow blocking shield, dashing boots, a bouncing boomerang, a ground-shaking hammer, and more! These artifacts give the player special abilities to fight and outmaneuver foes!
- Fully dynamic lighting. Explore dimly lit dungeons that come to life with dynamic lights and shadows that offer a modernized take on SNES-inspired graphics that pushes the boundaries of pixel art games!
- Story-based campaign. Unravel the history of the dwarves and the trolls in a story that features diverse characters, unpredictable plot, and a fantasy world with it’s own mythology!
- Explore ancient dungeons. Explore 30+ dungeons in 5+ biomes, each with hidden secrets, mysterious puzzles, and interesting lore!
- Dynamic battlefield in Dwerve. Engage in combat on a dynamic battlefield that changes as you fight with obstacles collapsing, falling from the ceiling, and emerging from the ground!
- Solve challenging puzzles. Want to get extra loot or lore? Solve an optional puzzle! Or don’t — it’s up to you.
- Complete daring quests. Each dungeon has its own specific story-based objectives that you must complete to progress the story.
- Loot corpses and treasure chests. Collect health potions, scrap, armor, and other useful items from the bloodsoaked corpses of your slain enemies!
Dwerve is new tower defense RPG game due in Spring 2021. Slated for a Windows PC, but Linux is also an option well. Stay tuned for the join the Half Human Games Discord. Follow @HalfHumanGames on Twitter to join their development quest.