DYSMANTLE open-world action RPG game still offers hope for Linux support with Mac and Windows PC. Due to recent details from developer 10tons Ltd. The full release is available on both Steam and GOG with a discount.
Multiplatform game developer and publisher 10tons release the long awaited DYSMANTLE. Which is a post-apocalyptic open-world action RPG where you ruin everything. But you can craft the tools for survival from the ruins. 10tons claims DYSMANTLE features a distinct bitter sweet apocalypse not available in similar games. Having spent a year in early access and received countless updates and improvements. Now ffter over 2400 positive Steam reviews later, version 1.0 is out. However Linux support seems to still be somewhat of a debate.
But we promised there’d be a Linux version, so there’ll be one. (I’m not 100% sure if Windows through Proton counts here.)
The recent comments from the developer do mention further fixes for DYSMANTLE. Which is due to be in place before offering a Linux build. Which is now being promised. While going on to further explain that Proton support is working. Which it is, having personally tested myself.
What this means? There is no rush to release a Linux port, but there are improvements on the way for Vulkan rendering. Still leaving a Linux release date in question.
For those who do not know, DYSMANTLE is developed in 10tons Ltd. proprietary game engine. So Linux support is coming, we just don’t know when yet.
DYSMANTLE Announcement Trailer
- Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. No barrier will stop you.
- Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
- Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
- Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
- Build outposts to establish your presence.
- Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets in DYSMANTLE.
- Hunt various game or tame them for your post-apocalyptic zoo ranch.
- Farm nutritious plants and reap the rewards as the crop gets ripe.
- Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
- Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
- Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
- Unravel the mysteries of the strange island.
DYSMANTLE open-world action RPG game is available on both Steam and GOG with a discount. Along with a 35% discount until November 23rd, dropping the price to $12.99 USD. While offering support for Mac and Windows PC. And so far, Linux support is available via Proton.