DYSMANTLE is an open world action RPG for Linux, Mac and Windows, where you ruin everything. The games is also still in development for all three platforms and 10tons hopes to release this year via Steam.
Lead Developer Tero describes the game as follows: “We’re mixing together what we think are the tastiest parts of the latest Zelda, Stardew Valley, Subnautica, Steamworld Dig, and Dark Souls. And brewing it into a uniquely satisfying experience you’ve never played before”
DYSMANTLE takes place on an extraordinary dystopian island. One where time seems to stop somewhere between 70’s and 90’s. Also sometime after a grim calamity takes place.
Since the story starts as the protagonist ascends from his underground shelter. He also finds himself alone and left behind on the island. Therefore he has to work to unravel the mysteries and find a way to escape the wretched place.
DYSMANTLE open world RPG Announcement Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Break over 99% of all objects for materials with the right tools. Nothing will stop you.
- Fight with (or run away) nasty and vile creatures of the post-apocalyptic era.
- Explore the handcrafted open world and uncover its mysteries.
- Survive. Clear areas of monsters and claim it as yours.
- Build outposts to establish your presence.
- Craft permanent weapons, tools, outfits, and trinkets.
- Hunt dangerous game or tame them for your post-apocalyptic ranch.
- Farm exotic plants and reap the rewards as crop gets ripe.
- Solve puzzles above ground and underground in the Tombs of the Old Ones
- Fish cunning scaly things under the watery surface.
- Cook delicious recipes for permanent stat and ability upgrades.
- Live. Enjoy the bittersweet post-apocalypse.
DYSMANTLE is built using the latest iteration of 10tons game technology. The developer have to make some extensive changes to the 3D engine that previously powered Tesla vs Lovecraft.
DYSMANTLE is an open world game, which basically means 10tons has to be able to stream one huge map. Including where the player is at, is looking at, and is expecting to go next. There are also no loading screens shown when you move around in the game world. Thankfully the games only singleplayer.
So as of now, 10tons do no have an official release date. But the games price will be $19.99 USD, available on Linux, Mac and Windows late 2019.
Therefore, feel free to Wishlist via Steam.