Earth of Oryn city-builder strategy game gets a publisher for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC release. Which is the result of the commitment from developer Earth of Oryn. Due to makes its way onto Steam in 2024.
Stray Fawn Studio, the indie game studio behind The Wandering Village has announced that they will be branching out into indie game publishing. Alongside the announcement they also revealed the first game in their publishing lineup: Earth of Oryn. This is a city-builder strategy game with a medieval setting. Due to release into Steam Early Access in 2024.
Since their beginning in 2016, Stray Fawn Studio has developed and self-published three games. Doing so in the simulation and strategy genres. The Wandering Village is the most recent addition to the studio’s portfolio. Selling over 200’000 copies since its Steam Early Access release in September 2022. Now ready to support Earth of Oryn.
According to Philomena Schwab, Stray Fawn Studios Co-Founder and lead of their newly established publishing branch. This was just the push they needed to go into publishing: “I’ve been wanting to do this for many years now, but we never really had the extra resources needed to do so. Now we can finally get started and support other devs on their journey. We’re hoping to create a transparent, understanding publisher where partners can benefit from each other and grow together.”
Earth of Oryn development summary December 2022
In the case of Earth of Oryn, Stray Fawn had jumped in to help Edouard Libion, a solo-dev from Belgium. When he hit a tough spot during the Kickstarter campaign for his game. Together, they brought the campaign back on track. Due to finally surpassing the initial funding goal. After the campaign, they decided to continue working together.
The one thing that does not show on the Steam page is Linux support. It’s present in SteamDB though. So, reaching out to the Earth of Oryn developer via email, they replied with, “Linux should be on the Steam page details.” Confirming that the Unity 3D title is still on track for a Linux release in 2024.
- Beautiful and vibrant low poly art style
- Build great cities, mighty castles, bustling towns, and establish laws to guide them all
- Raise and manage armies to protect your kingdom from enemies in real-time battles
- Manage your economy, gather resources, trade and research new technologies
- Run your kingdom how you see fit, creating your own politics, laws, and culture
- Discover new creatures and biomes in Earth of Oryn. As well as civilizations by exploring new, untouched lands
- Create your own world, tweaking everything to your liking in creative mode
- Use prefabricated buildings, or create your own models from the ground up
- Build complex systems to power buildings and moving parts like bridges and elevators
- Shape the world to your needs by modifying the terrain’s elevation
- Master the water using bridges, water mills, and other types of machinery
Earth of Oryn city-builder strategy game is coming to Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.