Who can restrain the ambition of rulers who feel the call to greatness? Rulers chosen by their peers. Also, by their people. Chosen by God. So you can test the limits, since DLC is coming on June 9th, 2020. Which is coming in the form of Europa Universalis IV: Emperor.
Emperor is the newest expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s epic grand strategy game. Since you play the rise and fall of empires from the fall of Constantinople. All in the rise of Napoleon. This expansion opens up three central game systems. While offering new gameplay opportunities for the Papacy. Including the Holy Roman Empire and Revolutionary movements. As well as a host of other changes.
Europa Universalis IV: Emperor – Story Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- A Powerful Pope: Appoint cardinals, publish Papal Bulls and gather tithes. The Vatican and Papal Controller. Who also now have new abilities to sway the souls of Christendom.
- New Holy Roman Empire Systems: Imperial Incidents provide new challenges to the Emperor’s power and authority. Will your empire follow a course to a centralized monarchy? Or decentralized federation?
- Revolutions Revamped: The spirit of Revolution is a infection. Since it must be either embraced or vigorously opposed. Use the zeal of revolutionary guard units to fight traditionalist at home and abroad.
- The Hussite Faith: Bohemia has an early game chance to embrace heresy. And stand alone against the Pope until The Reformation.
- Hegemonies: Seize the mantle of global leadership. If you gather great wealth and armies. But prepare to face great struggle from those who question your right to rule.
- New Missions: Over 20 new unique mission trees for a variety of European nations
- Defender of Faith: With the Emperor DLC, great duty comes great power. Defending a major religion should be different from defending an meager one. Now it is!
- The Council of Trent and Counter Reformation: Join other Catholic rulers to slow down the spread of the Reformation. By making deals to the unruly mob or harshly imposing the will of God.
- Provoke Rebellions: Risk a larger rebellion now while you think you can manage it. Instead of waiting for regret to take its course