Empyrean Rule – Rise of the Ancients is a #sandbox game in a persistent #openworld fantasy for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. A project on Kickstarter inspired by the magnificent world of Lord of the Rings and years of playing great games such as Dark Omen, Mark of Chaos, Total War Series, Civilization and Eve Online.
[kickstarter url=https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/empyreanrule/empyrean-rule-rise-of-the-ancients width=”480″]
A true sandbox experience in an open fantasy persistent world, derived from the seamless blend of real-time tactical battles. A large scale strategy empire management game in a massive open world.
Players assume the role of a General, command massive armies and free roam in a world where individuals and empires scheme for power and dominance. It is a world which never sleeps, as everything is happening in real time, and where decisions and actions of players have a direct effect. Recruit units, heroes, engines from various races to form an army and you could free roam in a massive persistent world with thousands of other players.
There are no racial restrictions when creating an army, so the synergies are literally thousands. Beware though, not all races get along, so expect unpleasant surprises in a battle if you have units in your army which dislike or hate each other!
Generals, Armies and Guilds also have different skill trees with various upgradeable skills, providing true specialization.
- In depth battle mechanics (Morale, Endurance, Flanks, Height, Field of View, Interactive Battlefields, etc.)
- Choose between various fantasy races, unit types and heroes to customize your army
- A huge variety of spells and special abilities which create thousands of synergies on the battlefield
- Single player / CO-OP / PvP battles up to 6 vs 6 players
- Player driven economy with custom crafting
- A massive persistent open world with free roaming
- Elaborate conquest and empire management mechanics which motivate social interaction on a massive scale (Trading, Diplomacy, Espionage)
- VR Oculus Rift support which provides immersion and puts the player right in the middle of the battlefield
The game world economy is player-driven and all items and products in the game can be produced by players. There is no abundance of raw materials and products, and players’ actions directly affect the economy.
Player vs Environment in Single or Cooperative battles – Player vs Player battles. Battles as big as 30 vs 30 players! Depending on the circumstances under which a battle was initiated, there are different battle modes such as Total Annihilation, Survival, Conquer Objectives, Destroy / Protect a Target and of course Sieges.