The Escapists 2 is the creation of former roofer, Chris Davis. Since the games release is now available on Steam and Humble Store. Launching on Linux, Mac and Windows.
Hence the solo indie developer of Mouldy Toof Studios. Chris originally developed The Escapists in Multimedia Fusion. Since this is a program which he was originally included on the cover disk of a magazine he bought as a child. Davis took to Kickstarter with The Escapists back in 2013, where it successfully raised just over £7000. While being successfully greenlit by the Steam community with 96 hours. Gaining the attention of Team17’s CEO, Debbie Bestwick MBE. The Escapists joined Team17’s games label in February 2014. Hence Team17 going on to help co-develop the game, recreating The Escapists from scratch in Unity. Due to being able able to bring the game to a wider audience on Linux, Mac and Windows.
Since its initial launch in 2015, The Escapists celebrates over 4 million downloads. Yet now the combined forces of Mouldy Toof Studios and Team17 are back. This time with the fully-fledged sequel releases on Steam and Humble. The Escapists 2 introduces many fan requested features. Such as the addition of local and online multiplayer for up to four players. Which is a first for the series.
The Escapists 2 Features:
- A dedicated tutorial, Precinct 17, for new players to learn the basics of prison life
10 unique themed prisons to escape from including 3 transit prisons
- Play each prison solo or multiplayer with both local and online co-op and versus modes for up to four players
- Drop-in, drop-out online multiplayer experience. Carefully plan and execute an intricate escape from your initial incarceration with your fellow inmates either online or locally, or simply hop into an existing game already in progress to help pull off the final touches of the escape!
- A brand-new combat system to make every prison brawl even more bruising
- Create your con with over 300 customization to create your perfect prisoner
- New ways to escape
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade Taser to knock out guards plus many more!