Eufloria grew from PC #indie development, before snapping loose a seedling and floating off to colonise more mobile asteroids with the now Eufloria HD for Linux, Mac and Windows.
The neat #strategygame about expansive space gardening launches its expanded #remake today on Steam or through the Eufloria website. It’s also free to anyone who purchased the original game.
The full list of features for Eufloria HD:
- Gorgeous high-definition visuals
- A 25-level Story Mode with many hours of gameplay
- Relaxed Mode for a more ambient experience which anyone can enjoy
- Skirmish levels that can be played again and again
- Dark Matter Mode for a stylish, more challenging way to play
- Original ambient soundtrack by Brian Grainger (Milieu)
- Procedurally-generated levels which are different every time
Here’s a trailer for Eufloria HD from November 2012, when it was first released on yer iPads and mobiles:
As far as indie games go, Eufloria dates back to the movement’s initial heyday. Described it as “soft yet strategic, fierce yet calm”, which held true for the eventual, greatly expanded retail release. Though it is a graceful counter-point to the brute force and neon of Galcon Fusion. Both games scratch the same sense of satisfaction for me, one that comes from commanding swarms of things.
If you do not own the earlier version, Eufloria HD is will be $15 from Steam or $20 for the Deluxe Edition with the original game and a soundtrack.