Independent developer #ROCKFISHGames have released details on Steam announcing their #roguelike space shooter Everspace coming to Linux. Currently available on Steam Early Access for $29.99 / €27.99 / £22.99.
Steam update for the Linux release:
“FYI: Sven, our Lead Tech, just picked up working on Linux again, today. Fingers crossed for a release for Ubuntu later this month… /Michael“
Everspace Unreal Engine 4 based space shooter is an action-focused singleplayer space shooter, combining roguelike elements with amazing visuals and a captivating non-linear story. Taking players through a challenging journey in an ever-changing, yet beautifully crafted universe full of surprises. A players skill, experience and talent for improvisation will be tested continuously. All of this while learning about your characters existence through encounters with interesting NPS’s, each having their own part of the puzzle to tell. Each run will be exciting as players face completely new situations keeping each part of the game long-lasting and generating lots of individual and meaningful moments. However, no matter how skilled a pilot, death is inevitable, but at the beginning of the journey.
- Fight – Dash into exciting dogfights and experience furious space combat using a wide range of weaponry and devices.
- Craft – Use collected or mined resources to craft equipment and modifications for a much needed advantage or repair your ship’s systems. Your choice.
- Loot – Collect blueprints for crafting and go on the hunt for exotic weaponry and equipment. You never know what drops next.
- Explore – Travel through huge procedurally generated levels with lots of hidden treasure and danger. A game of risk and reward awaits.
- Die! Giving in to the seductive embrace of death does not mean the end. Spend collected credits to unlock new perks and keep your blueprints to boost your chances for the next run.
The Full Release is scheduled for end of Q1 2017 and will feature a fully voice-acted story with several thoughtfully designed characters, situation-based events, as well as the Hardcore Mode and full VR support for Oculus Rift and HTC Vive. The price of EVERSPACE will be raised to $39.99 / €36.99 / £29.99 when it hits full release.