In this classic inspired bullet hell tower defense shooter Excubitor, security drones have turned and you, the sole #surviving pilot, are all that stands between the #colonies and defeat. Upgrade your ship, weapons and turrets whilst facing a plethora of enemies and colossal #bosses. Why did the drones turn? Find out across Linux, Mac and Windows PC
Upgrade your ship, fortify your defences and ready your weapons, because you’re going to need all the help you can get!
Armed to the teeth and set on sheer destruction, waves of enemy drones are rushing towards the mothership, Antares. You must strategically build your defences in the best possible locations as you take direct control of your Hammerhead defence craft equipped with the deadliest weapons such as; the multi-targeting Tesla Coil, the helium plasma Combustor or the devastating Decimator.
- Equip the Hammerhead with 17 upgradable weapons that Michael Bay would be proud of!
- Upgrade the various subsystems of The Hammerhead. Increase your rate of fire with the berserk ability or stun enemies with the shockwave ability, plus more.
- Defeat colossal sized bosses in epic battles!
- Strategically build and upgrade 9 turrets Use the Prism turret that bounces lasers off multiple enemies or the high damage, high accuracy, Gatling laser.
- Interact with the environment to aid your defence.
- Four levels of difficulty to challenge even the most experienced players, including NewGame+, the hardest game mode we’ve ever created! …featuring new super-secret weapons.
- Replay any level in order to achieve the highest score and gold rank.
In 1935, Albert Einstein and Nathan Rosen predicted the existence of wormholes; shortcuts through space-time enabling instantaneous travel across vast regions of space. A century later, a discovery was made that turned their theory into reality – plunging mankind into an interstellar space race to claim the ultimate prize: the Voidshards.
The events of Excubitor are set in the year 2182, in a remote star system colonized by humans. At its heart is the Baphomet – a vast ‘hyper-giant’, a star over a thousand times larger than our own sun and one of the biggest stars known to humanity. Dozens, maybe even hundreds of planets orbit the giant star, with many more swallowed up as Baphomet grew larger during its stellar evolution. All around the system, a strange and powerful element is scattered across the many worlds. An element that could provide humanity with all the energy it will ever need. An element that takes the form of blue crystals known as the Voidshards.
How does Excubitor play on Linux?
First things first, the graphics in Excubitor are fantastic. Something you would expect from a modern RTS on Ultra settings, but this is a tower defense title developed in Unity. Which takes the gameplay and graphical exceptions to a new level.
Of course, we cannot show you gameplay yet, but we can tell you, Excubitor plays well. Plus the native Steam Controller support makes for better accuracy, while the learning curve takes some skillset, but not enough to ruin your experience.
The real challenge comes from learning how to fortify your base and use/upgrade the already available defense capabilities. But this all depends on the players skill level, how your ship is armed and even moreso, how well you make use of the available customizations.
Yes, Excubitor is a very surprising tower defense title, one that is not to be under estimated. Needless to say we would like to take the time to thank publisher Kasedo games for the opportunity to play the game early.
Stay turned for Excubitor on Steam for Linux, Mac and Windows PC on May 26th.
Price: $19.99 | £14.99 | €19.99