In gaming news, The Exiled decided to make it easier for new players to get into some gaming. Therefore developers Fairytale Distillery decided to get rid of the 7-day trial period during #Season3 on Early Access. So this means that everybody can play The Exiled for #free for the coming four weeks. And seeing that Season #3 is now live for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Just start the game and you’re in.
Since this is positive news for Season #3. This move to put the 7-day trail aside will help get more players gaming on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Right now you can jump into gameplay with a completely fresh set of game servers . As well as a bunch of cool game changes, so check out the patch notes. Some big news since Season 2 release. But Season #3 ends on may 17th.
The Exiled patch notes:
Unlimited Free Trial during Season #3: In order to make it easier for new players to get into The Exiled we have decided to get rid of the 7-day trial period during Season #3. Yes, that means that you and all of your friends can play The Exiled for free for the coming four weeks. Just start the game and you’re in. You can (and should) still buy a Supporter Pack to unlock more character slots. And get unique visuals for your character but it is not a requirement anymore to play the game.
Open Clans: We have changed the clan system to allow for three new recruiting states. “Accepting Applications” is the default and it works as before. So applicants can message clan leaders and recruiters in order to create a clan invite. “Not recruiting” means just that – there will be no way to get in touch with the clan. And “Open” means that everybody will be able to join your clan at the click of a button without needing an invite. We also added a window notifying new players of the most active clans they could join.
- Fewer meteors, carcasses and caravans will now be spawned but they will carry much more loot. This should lead to more competition between players.
Usability Changes in The Exiled
- Entering your email is not mandatory anymore to start playing. You should still do it to unlock a new pet, the Grey Snapper.
- Added a proper error message for when you are trying to equip gear you cannot use.
- The party channel now also supports in-game voice chat.
- Added new UI elements for map unlocks, donation points and city centers.
- Made sure that target calling [T] now works both in clans and parties (parties are preferred).
- The “called target” arrow is now much more visible.
- There can now be only one “called target” [T] per clan and party.
- You can now see your party members when they are in tall grass and you are not.
- Player names in the Help chat channel are now colored again and not just pure white.
- Added a Rare Mob that drops Healer ability sigils.
Visual and Audio Changes
- Renamed all Rare Mobs with names befitting our game lore.
- Fixed some missing sound effects (bind to tree, open/close gates).
- Added new attack and death sounds for non-humanoid mobs.
- Reduced the density of tall grass in lower quality settings.