Exotic Matter is now has an updated public alpha and will be launching on Steam in Early Access Q2 2018. Which is also a full-fledged voxel engine. This enables players to create their items/weapons/blocks and even planet types.
So In Exotic Matter, players will find themselves shipwrecked on an alien planet. While light-years away from earth and your primary mission, survive. But you will can also freely explore the open-world. The planet Xcylin, taking players deep into the roguelike underground facilities.
Also an extinct race. So players have to fight the Thanatos and craft their way back home. All while saving themselves and the entire human race.
Exotic Matter First Access Teaser (Linux, Windows)
“BrightLocker is the perfect place for us to get more in touch with the fans of our game. Not only does it provide us with the means to give out early builds of Exotic Matter. But it also helps us to get our fans more involved in the development process.” – Florian Frankenberger, Lead Developer, Moebiusgames
Exotic Matter is a single-player open-world voxel roleplaying game for Linux and Windows. Featuring a strong storyline on a full planetary simulation. While players explore the roguelike underground facilities.
Exotic Matter also comes with a unique facility generation system, ensuring original gameplay. So no two missions ever play the same. And it’s a fully moddable engine. This allows for exploration of countless other planets. Since these are custom creations of the community.
The trailer alone looks interesting. Which also seems somewhat similar in concept to Astoneer. Having to explore, mind and build items.
- Roam freely around an entire planet
- Experience a strong storyline that guides you through the game
- Explore lots of mysterious dungeons created by a sophisticated dungeon generation system
- Find hundreds of items left behind by an ancient civilization
- Change and destroy anything in this world
- Search for rare resources deep below the surface
- Construct buildings with sophisticated technology (connect lights and doors with switches or pressure sensitive blocks) and control them using in-game computer systems
- Craft new items directly in your inventory or use blueprints and replicator technology to create complex items
- Build and use a multitude of weapons to protect yourself
- Find out about the vast amount of different block types, each with different attributes and abilities
- Have endless fun as no two missions ever play the same on this procedurally generated planet
Public alpha and Steam release:
Exotic Matter public alpha release is coming to Steam Early Access in Q2 2018 for Linux and Windows.