Expansion subscription releases for Hearts of Iron IV with the games Linux, Mac, and Windows PC builds. Thanks to the creative minds behind Paradox Development Studio. Available now on Steam.
In the six years since the release of Hearts of Iron IV. Paradox Interactive’s grand strategy wargame has expanded many times to reflect the size and complexity of World War II. Hence the new expansion subscription. Offering more detailed army and naval management. While offering new espionage and resistance systems have been added. Not to mention the many new alternate history paths. Doing so for the major nations of the world in this confusing time.
If you own Hearts of Iron IV but have found it hard to keep up with this growth. Paradox Interactive has introduced the expansion subscription model for players unable or unwilling to commit to six years of added content. This is very helpful for new players who are unsure where to start when buying expansions or country packs. A smart idea, and maybe long overdue for Paradox games.
Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Subscription
Also note, this is only available to Hearts of Iron IV owners through Steam. the expansion subscription gives players access to:
- Five expansion packs: Including the naval themed Man the Guns and the recent Eastern Front focused No Step Back
- Two Country Packs: Adding new national focuses for Central European and Eastern Mediterranean nations.
- Sound Packs: Including period music and historical speeches. As well as two song packs from the Swedish metal band, Sabaton.
- Cosmetic Packs: Special cosmetic skins for Allied and Axis Armor. With new ship models, and planes of the Eastern Front.
- All upcoming expansions and content
The expansion subscription is available for Hearts of Iron IV. But as mentioned, it’s only available now on Steam for the suggested monthly retail price of $4.99 USD / £3.99 / €4.99. Which also supports Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. It’s a smart idea and a great way to explore expansions without the hassle, but could add up fast.