Feral Interactive today announced the F1 2017 release. Also, the official game of the current 2017 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™, will have a release for Linux on November 2nd. Since the games developed and published by Codemasters for Windows and consoles. F1 2017 is the most compelling F1 game yet. Also the latest to hit Linux by Feral Interactive, coming to the Feral Store and Steam. And that post we released back in June, was close’ish.
F1 2017 grants players unprecedented access to not only the on-track excitement of F1. But also the off-track dealings and vehicle development that goes along with it. The games ten-year Career Mode includes practice programmes to help players hone their skills. An expansive Research and Development tree. Providing greater control over the development of their car. And the ability to tune engines and gearboxes over the course of the season.
— Feral Interactive (@feralgames) October 27, 2017
F1 2017 for Linux — Launches 2 November:
— Feral Interactive (@feralgames) October 30, 2017
NEW CLASSIC F1 CARS
- The game includes iconic F1 cars of the past from five historic teams. So of course Ferrari, McLaren, Red Bull Racing, Renault and Williams. Since they are available to race across a variety of game modes. The classic cars are also part of the career mode. Which can race in both Single Class and Multi Class Races.
- There are also new ‘invitational events’ with a variety of exciting gameplay modes. Also these include: Overtake, Pursuit, Checkpoint Challenge and Time Attack.
- Players will race online with a full grid of 20 cars in either public or private sessions. Also two dedicated ‘spectator’ spots added too. With improved multiplayer matchmaking. New online stats and a levelling system. All multiplayer session types will allow the option of racing either the 2017 cars or the classic cars. The ‘Event mode’ is also now a bigger feature across all three platforms. Along with a new competitive scoring system.
NEW ‘CHAMPIONSHIPS’ MODE AND NEW GAMEPLAY TYPES
- A new ‘Championship Mode’ allows the player to experience some unique race events that follow different rules and structures from the official Championship, allowing players to experience new and varied content within a championship structure.
ALTERNATIVE TRACK LAYOUTS
- A first for the franchise, as well as the 20 official circuits, there are four additional track variants added to the game: Britain Short, Japan Short, USA Short and Bahrain Short, whilst Monaco at Night has also been created in stunning fashion.
Along with stunning locations and vividly-realised team members. These features combine to provide the games most complete F1 experience ever to come to Linux. With all the drivers, teams, circuits and cars from the real-world F1 2017 season.
“F1 2017 is an electrifying recreation of the current season, offering a deep, engaging and yet very accessible F1 experience,” said David Stephen, Managing Director of Feral Interactive “We are thrilled to be bringing it to Linux.”