Fading Embers the games next DLC releases now for This War of Mine on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing development of 11 bit studios. The latest episode is available now on Steam and GOG.
The newest narrative driven expansion for This War of Mine, Fading Embers DLC. Also the third instalment in the Stories series. Which portrays the story of Anja.
While living in a war zone and carrying a heavy burden. Anja wrestles with herself to answer the question. What is most important? Survival of human legacy or the survival of a man?
Fading Embers releases a ton of new content. This also includes new locations in the city of Pogoren. And in the area there are new shelters for people can live in. While including enhanced locations from the original game. There are new playable survivors and citizens.
Most importantly, the structure of Fading Embers brings new endings. Since these are new ways to experience the narrative. While playing a non-linear structure. Leading to those multiple endings based on player decisions. Since the main theme orbits around human legacy. While the new gameplay mechanics introduce collecting art. And deciding on its fate and more.
This War of Mine: Stories – Fading Embers Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Lead Artist of Fading Embers, Tomasz Kisilewicz, “The new This War of Mine: Stories episode touches on the subject of cultural heritage. And what it means during the war. Is it worth preserving even at the darkest times? Or maybe when we’re pushed to our limits, when death and starvation are omnipresent. So do we change our perception of art and culture? And despite the artistic value. Paintings, sculptures, and rare books become mere tools of survival. Just because by destroying them we can postpone our own demise. Is this cost justifiable? Players will have to face those dilemmas for themselves.”
1. Theme and story
- Tackle the challenge of preserving human heritage in a time of war
- Discover the story in Fading Embers. The Vyseni people and their culture
- Face dilemmas never before explored in This War Of Mine
2. New mechanics
- We have new narrative devices
- Plus a new hub area to keep track of your progress
- Collection Management mechanics including; Securing the art collection, Ability to gather new pieces of art, Deciding on the fate of art pieces
- Brand new locations and sceneries
- Two new shelters in Fading Embers
- Overhauled 9 locations from the original game
- 3 new playable survivors: Anja, Ruben, Zoran
- Unique characters to meet and interact
DLC also features new music tracks and additional, smaller mechanics and lore bits.
Fading Embers releases now on Steam and GOG. Available for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Priced at only $3.99 USD. The new DLC is also part of the Season Pass for This War of Mine: Stories. The base game also has a massive 75% discount on Steam. While the GOG page seems to be missing.