Faerie Alchemy cascading matching game gets an HD release for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Thanks to the continuing efforts of developer Subsoap. The new edition is now live via Itch.io with a launch discount.
Subsoap’s arcade cascading matching game is now available in an HD form. This release also includes many features the original classic version does not have.
To play Faerie Alchemy, the player drops two elemental pieces at a time into the game board. As three or more elements combine, the elemental pieces group together. Since they form an elemental piece of the next highest quality at the lowest left area, where the original group occupied. The strategy is in dropping pieces in ways that ensure cascades into higher and higher elemental tiers.
So the main purpose of the HD release is to better preserve Faerie Alchemy. This also allows the developers to easily maintain it in the future. Since people love the classic version and still play it. Subsoap wants to make sure it is accessible in a quality form.
The new Faerie Alchemy Trailer
Faerie Alchemy is the kind of game that is easy to learn but difficult to master. The game certainly offers a great deal of replay value. Especially for those who wish to chase the highest scores possible.
Benefits of for HD release of Faerie Alchemy
- New engine, new polish.
- Full screen support.
- Swipe touch controls. Mouse controls. Gamepad controls.
- Allows offline play. No internet connection required.
- Allows resuming play. You can close the game, come back, and be able to keep playing.
- Adjustable piece drop speed.
- Instant transmutation feature – no more waiting on animations to finish to play as quickly as you desire.
- Higher resolution graphics for Faerie Alchemy.
- More polish and particles.
- More music.
- If Subsoap releases this version of Faerie Alchemy on Steam you’ll be eligible to get a free Steam key if you buy this version.
- Continue to polish and improve this version of the game while keeping it feeling familiar.
Faerie Alchemy often appeals more to people who enjoy games like Tetris. Doing so over traditional match-3 games like Candy Crush. The cascading matching game is also on sale for 25% off during its launch week. Dropping the price to $7.49 USD via Itch.io. The HD release is regularly $9.99 USD. This also includes continuing support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC.
- If you are on a fresh Linux install you may need to install libopenal1 before you can play.
- If you do not want to use a Windows installer you can download the win32 zip and extract that to play.
The original classic web game version of Faerie Alchemy can still be played for free here.