Fearmonium a unique psychedelic metroidvania announced for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Redblack Spade. Due to make it’s release onto Steam and a game made for adults.
Since you might recognize developer Redblack Spade. Due to games like Catmaze and Reflection of Mine. Which all support Linux, Mac and Windows Pc. Now comes Fearmonium a psychedelic metroidvania game. That also intertwines suspense with humor. As players start the game. Facing the usual unpleasant memory and reincarnate into a real phobia. This also means breaking through the most hidden corners of Max‘s consciousness. Taking players on wild ride and adventure. Working through various memories and fears.
Fearmonium – Announcement Trailer
The whole design of Fearmonium revolves around the inner world a boy. Since he once saw several clowns at a fair. These images secured by the support of Depression. Which also make their way into the depths of his consciousness. Working through the nightmare and meeting Max’s memories on their way. While facing anxieties with bright images. The player will have to face these fears. Will the clowns be able to replace all objective fears of Max? And will they take the place of his main horror?
- A huge map of Max’s consciousness. All woven from abstract images and half lost memories;
- Classic and hand drawn frame by frame animation;
- Dynamic battles of Fearmonium with combo attacks. And a variety of unique abilities;
- Details about the process of design of new phobias. And the nature of human consciousness;
- Memorable enemies, these images reflect what Max sees in the real world;
- The answer to the question: does a phobia always cause irreparable harm? Or can its presence change life for better?
The Fearmonium gameplay is certainly impressive. Giving both the details and the madness that comes with abstract memories. The game is also developed by one person – Slava Gris. Taking insight by music from Expecte Amour. Gameplay design will be a mix of his skills as a self-taught artist. All while receiving his master’s degree in Psychology.
Fearmonium psychedelic metroidvania is due to release, March 2021. There is no specific launch date. But you can certainly expect a build for Linux, with Mac and Windows PC. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.