Federations Expansion and Lithoids Species Pack coming for Stellaris on Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to Paradox Interactive, a publisher and developer of games. Due to release the new content via Steam, GOG and the Paradox Store. And likely on Humble Store as well.
Sometimes new content means war. So now on stage at PDXCON 2019. Stellaris will get a major diplomacy-themed expansion, Federations. Since the pen is mightier than the plasma launcher. In this expansion, the focus is on the galactic community. As well as its internal politics with expanded capabilities for federations. And the establishment of a powerful galactic senate.
Additionally, Paradox announced a new species pack. Including a race of sapient rocks, or Lithoids. with rock-solid new gameplay which is available for pre-order now for a suggested retail price of $7.99 USD / £5.79 / €7.99 and will launch on October 24.
Check out the Lithoids and Federations trailers below! The Federations Expansion and Lithoids Species Pack can be pre-ordered at a storefront of one’s choice below:
Stellaris: Lithoids – Species Pack (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
The supreme art of war is to subdue the enemy without fighting. With the Stellaris: Federations expansion. Players can also extend their diplomatic dominion over the galaxy like never before. Use every trick in the book to gain an edge on friend and foe. While including a host of new options to influence and manipulate. So you can dominate without firing a shot.
Stellaris: Federations – Expansion Announcement Teaser (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
Federations features include:
- Expanded Federations: With expanded diplomacy capabilities. So that players can build up the internal cohesion of their Federations. And also unlock powerful rewards for all members. Whether you join a Trade League, Martial Alliance or Hegemony. Membership can be extremely advantageous.
- Galactic Community: Unite the space empires with a galactic senate. So they can vote on a wide range of resolutions. Further driving legislative agendas. For example, players can pass a resolution to increase commitments. While bring about a collective defense or funnel profit towards wealthy elites. Members can also sanction those who defy the community. And enact a single galactic focus. Sway the senate to position yourself as a leader. Trading favors and maneuvering. Doing whatever it takes to gain influence among schemers.
- Origins: Each empire has a story that shapes its path. Give your civilization deeper roots with the new system of Origins in Federations. By choosing an Origin, players can flesh out their empire’s background. And also alter its starting conditions. Whether it’s Void Dwellers who have abandoned their homeworld. Then living in perpetual orbit. Or a society that worships and protects a powerful Tree of Life. You can lay the groundwork wisely for the seeds of your empire.
- New Constructions: Construct glorious new projects for your empire like the Juggernaut. Hence the massive mobile starbase that provides a moveable repair base. Doing so in enemy territory, or the Mega Shipyard. The new megastructure that can churn out fleets with incredible speed. Offering both tactical advantages and a good dose of shock and/or awe. These are sure to be an asset to any space empire in Federations.
Lithoids Species Pack
In addition, the Lithoids Species Pack features. Which offers completely new gameplay. But also a selection of new rock-based species portraits and ship models. For players who take nothing for granite. And are also looking to unearth a more grounded civilization. Lithoids are a bigger and boulder species type made entirely of sapient rock. Who eat minerals for sustenance, are long-lived. Since they can colonize in almost any environment.
Players can look forward to trying out the entirely new Lithoid play style. Which focuses on mineral production and relentless colonization. For even the most marginal worlds. Refusing to cede an inch of your empire for sedimental value.
The Lithoids Species Pack includes:
- Unique Mechanics for Lithoid Empires
- 15 New Portraits of Lithoids and 1 of a Lithoid robot
- New Mineral-based Ship Models
- New voice pack
Federations Expansion is coming for Stellaris. Releasing the new content via Steam, GOG, and the Paradox Store. While the Lithoids Species Pack is coming to Steam, GOG, and the Paradox Store. Due to release on Linux, Mac and Windows PC on October 24th.
For more information about Stellaris, visit the official website.