First Contact Story Pack launches for Stellaris sci-fi strategy game on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Which is the result for the work and effort from developer Paradox Development Studio. Releasing on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store.
Paradox Interactive, a developer and publisher who comes in peace (honest), releases the First Contact Story Pack. Which makes its debut in the sci-fi strategy game Stellaris. First Contact, a pack that focuses on new interactions with pre-FTL civilizations. While offering new stories of exploration and new cloaking technology. All Stellaris players will also receive the free 3.7 ‘Canis Minor’ update. Doing so from the Stellaris custodians team, including gameplay upgrades and new content.
Stellaris: First Contact | Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
You are not alone! The galaxy is vast and full of wonders, but it’s also full of alien empires. There you are going to encounter, whether you’re ready or not. First Contact offers a set of new origins and mechanics. Due to give players the chance to tell stories about their civilizations’ early encounters with visitors from the stars. One that may or may not have come in peace.
- New Origins:
- Broken Shackles: You didn’t take to the stars in First Contact; you were taken to the stars as an alien captive. Now, you and your fellow prisoners have overtaken the ship. So now you find yourselves banding together to survive. Due to thrive as a diverse new community. Can you rise to greatness from this humble origin? And will your former captors take notice?
- Payback: No one would have believed your world was being watched by minds greater than your own. At least until they actually showed up. But you did not go quietly into the night! Your civilization has repelled a would-be conqueror from space. Along with sudden access to their advanced technology. So now you’re about to discover just what else is out beyond the stars.
- Fear of the Dark: As you’ve explored your home system, you’ve always suspected you weren’t alone in the galaxy. Especially when one of your planets suddenly suffered an “incident” a while back. In First Contact, a very large faction of your own people have long gone against tempting fate in the dark abyss. What path will you choose, while needing room to grow?
Technology and New Mechanics:
- New Pre-FTL Interaction Options: What will your role be when the next member of the galactic community tells their origin story? New mechanics allow for a broader range of interactions with pre-FTL civilizations. This also depends on their level of tech and their awareness of your presence. Will your arrival be revered, or met with violent panic?
- Cloaking Technology: Nobody saw this feature coming! So equip your ships with cloaking devices to survey in secret. Or catch a foe unaware, but keep subtle tabs on your pre-FTL neighbors. Doing so with cloaked observation posts. Just be sure your own scanners and intel are also strong. Since you never know which of your neighbors might be lurking in the shadows!
Full detail of changes in First Contact and the ‘Canis Minor’ Update is available here.
First Contact Story Pack launches for Stellaris on Steam, GOG, and Humble Store. Priced at $14.99 USD / £12.79 / €14.99. Along with support for Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. The base game is also Steam Deck Playable.
Stellaris also launches a massive sale on Steam and GOG. The game is priced at $9.99 USD / £8.74 / 9,99€, including the 75% discount. Regularly priced on Humble Store.