Today marks another amazing day for Linux and SteamOS gamers, the first-person military shooter Insurgency finally has native #port. And the best deal #available for the #FPS is by far, the Humble Jumble Bundle 5. Marking the only game in the bundle supporting Linux, which also happens to sits at an average price of $5.87 USD.
The Conquer Update update will be a large download because New World Interactive have reworked coop maps and merged them into our main maps. This means players now have support for Outpost Night, Hunt Day, Survival Day. Plus there are over three times the amount of cooperative scenarios.
New Engine Features:
- SteamOS and Linux support
- Added official Steam Controller profile
New Game Features
- New Conquer Cooperative mode. Secure and hold three objectives, while seeking out enemy weapon caches to cripple their supply.
- New navigation mesh spawning system allowing the game to have three times more coop scenarios while reducing the game by 1.5gb on your hard drive. New coop scenarios which were previously not supported include Conquer (day and night), Hunt (day), Outpost (night) and Survival (day).
- All new AI behaviors including use of cover, retreating, weapon based stances, bipod usage, pistol swap, arousal system; improved combat logic, use of grenades and targeting system
- New environment interaction features including sprinklers, breakable radios, cash registers, breakable pots, improved breakable vehicle windows.
- Layout for Contact expanded, with day and night versions.
Weapons and Upgrades
- Galil assault rifle.
- Sterling sub machine gun.
- Model 10 revolver.
- Grenade launcher sights.
- Extended magazines.
- Updated M1 Carbine & L1A1 SLR models.
- Updated first person pistol animations.
- New M4A1, M16A4 & MK18 first person animations.
- New Grenade, Molotov, C4 & IED first person animations.
- 7x scope is now available on the M16A4 for the designated marksman.
- Extended grenade functionality:
- With cookable grenades, left click will release the spoon on the grenade and will start cooking immediately.
- Right click will prime a grenade without cooking and the left mouse button can be used to start cooking.
- Middle mouse button will prime a lob without cooking. Clicking either the left or right mouse button will begin cooking.
- New C4 “plant” function.
- Holding right click will stick the C4 to a surface you’re looking at if you’re close enough.
- Improved blinding effect of flashbangs, they will also suppress enemies who are blinded.
- New headshot sounds.
- Updated Classic cooperative playlist’s starting supply and enemy strength to be more of a mid-way point between Elite and Hardcore.
- New burned and blown-up skins for players who get killed in the corresponding way.
- Laser sights and flashlights can now be used when using the underbarrel grenade launcher.
- Lowered arm distance on launched smoke grenades.
- Laser sight is now shown during the weapon draw animation.
- Allow getting up from prone in water. In some rare occurrences a player could be stuck in prone underwater.
- Redesigned menu user interface
- New Community menu featuring Insurgency social networks
- New Help menu for customer support, mod making, and guides.
- New Solo menu for creating offline games against bots.
- Note: This is just the first small step towards overhauling all menus.
- Improved in-game controller support:
- Controller-specific recoil handling to make it more manageable.
- Added bindable combined actions:
- +stance: Press to toggle crouch, hold to prone.
- +usereload: Press to reload, hold to use.
- toggleprimarysecondary, togglemeleeexplosives for switching between those two weapon slots.
- Updated default Xbox 360 controller binds.
- Objective dock on the bottom of the screen better highlights the objective you are in.
- When switching to a weapon or gear item that would otherwise put you over the weight limit, the previous item in the same slot is no longer sold when the purchase is denied.
- Insurgent weapons now use the Security-style suppressors in coop.
- End-game map voting now shuffles the map selection by default. Server admins can revert to the old behavior by setting sv_map_voting_shuffle to 0.
- Added server cvar sv_alltalk_intermission so all talk at the start of the game and between rounds can be disabled (disabled by default in the Competitive Match theater).
- Added server cvar sv_alltalk_endgame for doing the same when the game ends.
- Workshop menu is now sorted alphabetically, separates published and subscribed files and is a lot more responsive.
- Added x-ray overlay which can be toggled with the firemode key (default X).
- Camera smoothing for the free fly spectator camera, disabed by default. To enable it enter the following commands. The amount of smoothing is configurable for every setting and the maximum banking angle can be adjust as well using spec_bank_angle (negative values make it bank in the other direction)
- spec_interpolate 1 (smooths mouse movement)
- spec_interpolate_position 1 (smooths out camera position changes)
- spec_bank 1 (enables yaw-based camera roll)
- Replaced Chromium HTML implementation with the one provided by Steam. This should resolve an issue that a limited number of users were having where the game would freeze on exit.
- Fixed crouch and stand transitions when leaning.
- Fixed grenade launcher not being dropped when a weapon with a grenade launcher was swapped with another.
- Firefight will now trigger the hero cap voice over.
As mentioned above, Insurgency is also featured in the latest Humble Bundle. If you are interested in further supporting New World Interactive, donate to the bundle and select “Developers” and then “Insurgency” in the sliders below.