Tribute Games are back in gaming news with the #release of Flinthook. Hence their fast action platformer with #roguelike elements for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Hence allowing players to become the greatest pirate in space. All with a hookshot, pistol and slow motion powers.
What’s the Story
So in a galaxy filled with scoundrels and miscreants. Everyone seeks treasure and riches. Yet when a treasure hunter hatches a sinister plan to unleash an ancient evil threatening the cosmos itself. Hence Flinthook, the galaxy’s smallest but toughest pirate takes on the action. So be ready to jump, zip and blast around the meanest fleets the galaxy has to offer. Whether using time-slowing powers or his trusty blasma pistol, Flinthook is ready to take on all pirates, steal treasure and save the galaxy itself!
Flinthook launch trailer:
- Zip around with your mighty hookshot! Aim freely and toss your giant anchor at golden rings to propel yourself around the levels at high speeds. Giving you the agility and swiftness needed to dodge hazards and enemy bullets.
- Shoot in 360’ through your Blasma Pistol! Take down all sorts of enemies with fresh hot bullets!
- Look really cool with slow-motion powers when gaming. Slow down time to adjust your aim or pull off a tight stunt. So do it often, it recharges really fast and it makes you at least 200% cooler.
- Blast through randomly-assembled pirate spaceships. Since each level is special, as ships are procedurally built from hundreds of hand-crafted rooms. Hence modified by various variants. Filled with extraordinary treasure and populated by random waves of enemies.
- Hunt down the pirate lords of the Cluster Clan. Feed your compass creature to pinpoint the bosses’ location. Then take them down and bring your bounty home. Your rivals are no space chumps, make sure you’re ready for the challenge!
- Collect rare relics and powerful perk cards! All the treasure you loot builds up your legend – unlock new equippable perks as you level up, buy permanent upgrades in the Black Market, and hoard collectible relics and lore pages!
- Uncover some mysterious secrets?! I don’t know, are there secrets in this game? O_O
Since the name Tribute Games rings a bell. I remember the developers in the news for both Mercenary Kings from 2014 and Wizorb back in 2012. Both titles have Linux support with positive reviews. So it’s no surprise to see the studio upping their game with Flinthook. Since the Steam reviews boast a solid 90% for the action platformer on Linux, Mac and Windows PC.