Forever Skies first person action game port needs your Linux support with Windows PC. According to recent details from developer Far From Home. Which is coming to Steam Early Access in 2022.
Developers Far From Home has just revealed their debut title, Forever Skies. Also, includes the game’s first-ever teaser trailer. Originally announced under the codename “Project Oxygen”, Forever Skies has been in the making for over two years. Due to former AA and AAA devs who worked on titles such as Dying Light, Dying Light 2, Dead Island, The Medium, Chernobylite, and the Divinity Original Sin Series.
On top of that, the developer has replied to a formal request, stating:
Linux version may happen. We cannot promise it at this moment but we would like to hear from the community if it is something you guys need.
Forever Skies is being developed via Unreal Engine 4. Due to make its way onto Windows PC, the developer obviously wants community involvement for Linux. And since the game has my attention, why not share it with the community. Especially seeing we need a good first person action game on Linux.
Forever Skies Reveal Teaser Trailer
Forever Skies is a first person action survival sci-fi game. One that takes place on a destroyed and deserted Earth in the wake of a massive ecological disaster.
You play as a lone scientist in Forever Skies, returning to Earth. Doing so long after a global ecological catastrophe has left the planet unfit to live for humans. Above the toxic clouds are the remnants of humanity’s last stand. Build, expand and control a high-tech airship. This will act as your transport, shelter, laboratory and workshop. So you can research mysterious substances and craft tools for survival. Scavenge, find ways of obtaining food and resources. All while you explore the ruins above and below the thick, toxic dust layer which now shrouds the Earth’s surface. Why is the dust there? What is it exactly? And perhaps more importantly, what lies beneath it?
Gameplay in Forever Skies will include exploration in your airship and on foot. Including crafting, base building, planting, combat, and scientific research in virology. All in search of a cure to help those few, who survive in orbit.
- Return To Earth – Take on the role of a scientist returning to Earth devastated by a global ecological disaster. This event caused the surface of the planet to be covered in a colossal layer of toxic dust. As a result, forcing humanity to build massive towers to try to survive.
- Build & Control Your Advanced Airship – Build and customize a high-tech airship in Forever Skies. It will be your home, workshop, and laboratory. Extract and gather resources to improve it to make it fit your gaming tactics.
- Utilize Science To Survive – Analyze scanned items and reverse engineer lost technology. Also research new ways of obtaining food, resources, new tools and more.
- Scavenge Ruined Skies – Explore and discover the remains of our civilization. Extract resources from the ruins that were built up high to escape the dust. Find out what happened and how we lost Earth.
- Descend Below The Dust – Discover a strange new world that changed with the absence of humanity. Hunt for viral pathogens, use them as weapons or better yourself with viral boosts.
- Fight for Your Life – Below the dust lies a totally new ecosystem. So expect a fight against evolved and dangerous creatures.
Forever Skies will deliver a single-player experience in the first stages of Early Access. While offering a co-op mode planned as one of the key Early Access features.
Players can wishlist and follow Forever Skies ahead of Steam Early Access now. While keeping track of development and key updates. The first person action game will be coming to Early Access in 2022 and later to consoles. First to Windows PC, then with enough community support, Linux as well. But this also depends on you.