So Forged of Blood is a riveting new fantasy turn-based tactical RPG #launching on Kickstarter tomorrow. Developed in #UnrealEngine4 and likely to make a Windows PC debut. And later followed by #Linux and likely Mac as well.
“We’re using Unreal Engine 4 and developing for PC right now. But definitely won’t rule out ports to Linux and other platforms!”
So we want to give you a pre-emptive first-look at some of the details. Since gameplay and the fate of a world hangs on your every decision. While you engage in challenging tactical combat as you find your place in a morally grey fantasy world. Hence deciding whether the ends will ultimately justify your actions.
Gameplay will throw players into a world being torn apart by racial tensions and sinister forces. Across the vast continent of Attiras, players will live the rise of power of the second son of a murdered king. From refugee to hero, navigating both strategic and tactical gameplay layers. Hence forging the empire anew or watch is run awash in blood in this turn-based RPG.
Forged of Blood Pre-Alpha Gameplay:
Forged of Blood will pit players against fantastic creatures and brutal enemies. While the tactical layer is designed to encourage player flexibility and creativity in battle. Here, positioning, build efficiency, and tactics can mean the razor thin line between victory and defeat.
Outside of combat, players will be charged with retaking the world of Attiras. Since this layer will have two different windows that will pit players On the strategic map. So players will have to move their combat parties around the continent to complete quests and claim territories.
Forged of Blood Features
- Tactical Fantasy: Take to the field with sword and shield or cast powerful spells. It’s all about deep turn-based RPG tactical combat against monsters and men.
- Classless Warfare: With 9 unique weapons and a vast magic system, Forged of Blood lets you build your characters any way you want – without being constrained by the typical tank/DPS/healer roles.
- Science in Magic: Explore the freedom and mysteries of one of the most complex and unique magic systems ever attempted in video games.
- Kingdom at War: Command up to three parties of heroic characters on the strategic layer in your fight to reclaim the empire you lost.
- Meaningful Choice: Your choices matter. From character building to your choices in the game narrative, your decisions will reverberate across the Strategic and Tactical layers of the game.
- Your ends; your means: In a world of grays and unique perspectives, it is up to you to decide what is “right” and “wrong” for the future of Attiras. Forged of Blood will introduce a new Tri-axis Personality Plot system in lieu of the traditional Good vs. Evil scale common in most RPG settings.
Forged of Blood turn-based RPG will be available for pledges tomorrow on Kickstarter.