Forsaken Remastered is a 3D first-person action shooter is releasing for Windows, but also Linux and Mac too. Which is a complete 360-degree range of freedom game. According to updates on SteamDB, Linux is incoming.
So the team at Nightdive Studios, that brought back Turok and Turok 2: Seeds of Evil. Are now eager to announce that on July 31st, Forsaken Remastered will be available for purchase on Steam.
Also, according to the recent SteamDB update above. Linux support is also in the works clearly. And listed as one of the games supported platforms. Despite the Steam page outlining Windows only.
Releasing on Linux Day-One:
“Linux users should feel free to play Day One and if bugs are found, we’ll be fixing them.”
Since the story takes place uin a far-off future. So you play as a scavenger searching through the underground tunnels for weapons and treasures. But you also face dangers from automated defense systems and other scavengers.
The gameplay seems to be a mix of Overload and Immortal Redneck. Even though the original release pre-dates both titles, releasing in 1998.
So now, Forsaken Remastered has been lovingly restored by the developers at Nightdive Studios.
Forsaken Remastered Action Shooter Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Forsaken Remastered features 5 devastating primary weapons. Also 9 unique secondary weapons with 32 challenging levels for maximum replayability. Including 6 multiplayer modes for up to 16 players. These are Free For All, Team Game (Deathmatch), Bounty Hunt, Team Bounty Hunt, Capture the Flag and also Team Capture the Flag.
Since playing the Linux build, wow, such an amazing flashback. You’re going to love the Remaster. Nightdive have done it!!!
New added features include:
- Support for Widescreen and 4K monitors
- Super smooth interpolated movement for 144hz displays and beyond
- MSAA and SMAA anti aliasing
- Ambient Occlusion and Motion Blur effects
- Enhanced and improved particle effects
- OpenGL 3.2, DirectX 11 support
- New automap feature
- Unique levels and enemies featured in the N64 version
- Unlockable bonus levels not seen in the original release
- Localized text for English, French, German, Italian and Spanish
- Remastered display HUD
- Online multiplayer modes for up to 16 players
- Support for all the multiplayer modes from the PC version: Free For All, Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, One Flag CTF, Bounty Hunt and Team Bounty Hunt.
A classic releasing on Steam:
Now with all of that, Forsaken Remastered will be a significant release on Steam. Since it looks like the action shooter is releasing on Linux, Mac and Windows.