FoxTail is a classic point and click first chapter complete on Linux, Mac and Windows. While the drawing inspiration from the adventure games of the mid ‘90s. It brings back those sweet childhood memories. Where the summer break starts, you are watching the sunrise. All while breathing the cool morning air and the world around is full of secrets.
FoxTail (currently in Early Access) has an update. Since the first chapter is close to complete and adds to the game’s quality. You can find full patch notes below.
FoxTail is in development by independent studio Gingertips. Also available now on Early Access for Linux, Mac and Windows. While a full release is coming in 2019. And also priced right at $6.99 USD. So not bad.
FoxTail point and click trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
Patch notes with the first chapter complete:
- professional mastering of all the game’s music;
- a brand new forest background sound;
- new animations for the cat and improved solutions for the quest with the cat.
- TWO additional mini-quests that will immerse you in Leah and her grandfather’s story. So this will not affect the walkthrough of the game and is not necessary for further playing;
- there are more than 600 new phrases and reactions for Leah (for exploring the environment and using items);
- added dialogs for Grandma and Corsak containing small tips. Now new dialogues will appear for the characters with the game’s progress;
- full of new quest entries for the diary (associated with the chest and raspberries).
- improved cursors;
- arrows added for the transition areas and dialog indicators (for the active prompt mode);
- also arrows are now in the diary and books (to indicate the available pages);
- double clicking anywhere on the screen will speed up Leah (not only when moving to another location, as it was before);
- added the ability to customize the button for interrupting phrases (by default it’s the right mouse button); no more randomly missed phrases;
- found the usage for all items in the game;
- added a button to enable/disable mouse capture in the game window (F11);
- improved dialogues (more convenient navigation, indication of new and already read dialogs, new positioning);
- we now have the ability to save the found photos in the diary.
- added a readme file describing the full list of key layouts and solutions to common problems and errors.
Steam and GOG release:
So as previously mentioned, you can find FoxTail point and click on both Steam Early Access and GOG. Since the games priced at a $6.99 USD, which is actually quite good. But also going up for the full release.