From the developers of Cat President: A More Purrfect Union comes a bundle of bite-sized visual novels.
So first off, developer Oh, a Rock! Studios has a unique sense of humour. Since this is announcement for the Steam release of The Francy Droo and Friends Collection. Coming to Linux, Mac and Windows. Hence an anthology of short yet weird visual novel games. Also programmed and written by Michael Gray.
The Francy Droo and Friends Collection – Trailer:
Included in the collection:
- My Nigerian Prince, a romance game about spam email and the people who send it. The e-mail was junk, but their love…was real.
- Francy Droo and the Mystery of the Missing Mother-in-Law, in which a sassy teen detective with no relation to any copyrighted characters whatsoever has to save her friend’s wedding, or DIE TRYING.
- Francy Droo and the Secret of the Shady Midnight Caller, a mystery game that explores the dangers of answering your phone, like, ever. Follow-up to the SMASH-HIT original Francy Droo!!
- TRAPPED! In a Soap Opera, in which a hunky TV star crosses over to a fantasy world of evil twins, mysterious pregnancies, and scariest of all—science.
- Who Am I? The Let’s Play Disaster, in which a Let’s Player let’s-plays you while you play a game about Let’s Playing. I think? It’s very confusing.
So you might remember The Awkward Steve Duology from earlier n 2017. Same developer. But this new bundle does look strangely interesting. I’m actually keen to play it. As there are probably some hilarious aspects ideal for livestreaming?
Also, note The Francy Droo and Friends Collection will release on Steam, December 5, 2017. Since the game set to debut on Linux, Mac and Windows. You’ll also be able to purchase the games à la carte on Itch.io.
About Oh, a Rock! Studios
Oh, a Rock! Studios is an indie game-development studio/loosely connected group of friends. So they make funny, weird, and sincere computer games. It was founded in 2014 by award-winning beard grower Paul Franzen. So titles include Cat President: A More Purrfect Union. A visual novel about handsome cats running for office. Also a throwback point-and-click adventure game called The Beard in the Mirror. The studio’s work has been shown at Boston FIG and RetroGameCon. Recently a feature in the Smithsonian American Art Museum as part of SAAM Arcade. For more information, follow them on Facebook or Twitter.