#WildFactor are proud to #announce its futuristic real time strategy game #FreakingMeatbags for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. The title has defeated Steam Early Access and is now a full-fledged game! To celebrate the milestone, the WildFactor team is pushing out a massive update that adds tons of new features, including a totally revamped DNA mixing system, a new boss, and new equipments for meatbags to use. The update is so groundbreaking it’s called “Philae”, named after the little robot currently sitting on a comet in outer space.
Freaking Meatbags throws you into a futuristic world where robots have jobs, cephalopods aren’t confined to a single dimension, and humans pretty much just stand around talking to themselves. As a lowly cleaning robot, your task is to gather precious materials from each world before the solar system goes kaboom. As soon as you land, you realize this gig isn’t going to be as simple as you had hoped. During the day you’ll scramble to gather resources, build structures and keep your base in good repair. But when it gets dark, get ready to fight. Those rampaging wild robots aren’t here to have a knitting competition. At least you’re not alone in your daily chores. Fleshy, unintelligent and very unattractive human creatures live on these planets. You’ve discovered they’re quite amenable to being told what to do, even if those tasks are as limited as carrying resources back and forth. Mix some DNA from a few different species, however, and you can breed humans with special powers. They’re pretty fragile and need your protection, but if you augment them with a brain slug here, some DNA splicingthere, they might turn out to be useful!
New Freaking Meatbags game features:
- Revamped DNA system with hundreds of alien/human combinations.
- Seven new genes to get all splice-happy with.
- Equip meatbags with jetpacks, hoverboards and… ROCKET LAUNCHERS!
- Stick humans in towers to power-up the buildings. Because of science.
- Overclocking ability lets you see the world in slow-mo.
- Brand new boss that jumps around a lot. Shhh, that’s all we can say!
- Hidden zombie planet. Go ahead, try to find it.
- Over 50 gameplay, sound and interface improvements.
- An extra bullet point item, for FREE!
Freaking Meatbags is due out February 4th on Steam now 25% off for Linux, Mac and Windows PC, normally $9.99 USD, €9.59 EUR, £7.99 GBP.