Freegglers a hilarious new physics game announced for Windows PC as well as Linux. Thanks to the details from developer Binary Giants. Due is not due to release until later 2022 via Steam.
Polish indie developer Binary Giants is eager to announce a new game, Freegglers. Due to release in December 2022.
A 3d platformer with unique, funny and chaotic, flexible, physics-base movement of the main character. Train, jump, fight and find the escape hole inside the prison maze full of traps. While you rescue your fellow Freegglers who suffer under the tyranny of Evil Freaks.
Freegglers are lively orange creatures who enjoy life full of freedom. In fact, there was a time when everything was quite normal. While Freegglers lived a happy life. Until one day…
From the depths of darkest and most rotting, stinky hole in the ground. As you can imagine, emerged a bunch of Evil Freaks whose goal was to enslave all Freegglers. Destroy tehir freedom, beauty, harmony, and joyful life.
They caught and threw Freegglers into cages. Forbing their healthy and natural way of life. Trying to force them to new normal, which is nothing more than tyranny, slavery, and destruction. This is the premise of the game. Which looks interesting, offering a different style of singleplayer.
Reaching out to Binary Giants about platform support and Linux. This is what they had to say via email:
Freegglers use Unity 3d engine, the Linux port is on ‘to do list’, but Windows version will launch first.
The reason behind the delay, “there are some technical obstacles on Linux.” This has to do with the funny movement of the main character which does not work as it should on Linux. Which is also a known issue. And likely due to take some time to fix. But with the release so far off, with any luck, we could be inline for a day-one release.
Freegglers physics game Official Trailer
But enough is enough, Freegglers will not comply with this anymore. The courage built from within finally exploded wide open. Now, it is your job to stand up and wake up all your fellow Freegglers, from cages. Show them how to get out of cages and be free again.
Train to be strong, fast, and smart, avoid traps. Find the way out from the prison maze. Fight and smash the enemy and always remember, never give up, you are a leader and you are leading to victory!
- Rescue Levels — Your job is to release all Freegglers from cages, find location of the escape hole and carry every single Freeggler to the escape hole in order to obtain full freedom.
- Training Levels — The main task is to train your Freeggler for new levels ahead. You have a certain amount of time to smash all objects on the scene to gain enough strength points to pass the training.
- Different locations — Palisade Maze, Lava Cave, Poison Lab, Green Canal and Electric Prison.
- Two types of view — Each location contains a group of unique Rescue Levels with third-person camera view and additional levels 2.5D slide-scroller.
- Skills and weapons — As you progress your Freeggler will gain a new types of skills and weapons for more effective fight with Evil Freaks.
- Enemies – The most dumb Evil Freaks are guarding the cages and throwing acid vomit at Freegglers who try to pass. But beware, not all Freaks are dumb, some of them use flying devices, with the mission to destroy Freeggler’s life. So, you have to be quick.
Traps and TV comments:
- Comments from TV – Every now and then during the game, you’ll see the main Boss of all Evil Freaks, hiding behind the TV screen and commenting your actions with fury when you succeed and mockingly laughing when you fail – pure evil.
- Traps – There are various types of traps, which you’ll have to avoid in order to survive, such as: spiked clamps, flame throwers, spinning blades, electric gates, giant crushers and many many more.
- Music – unique powerful and epic music composed especially for this game will motivate you to action and lead you straight to victory!
Freegglers new physics game is due to release in December 2022 via Steam. Already scheduled to release on Windows PC, Linux support is also in the plan. So be sure to Wishlist the game.