Frogun 3D platformer game to offer up a native Linux port with Windows PC. All thanks to the work of developer Molegato who welcome back a classic style. Due to make its way onto Steam and GOG this summer.
Molegato just announced their charming, highly anticipated platforming adventure Frogun. All due to arrive on August 2nd via Steam and GOG. Again, offering up support for Linux and Windows PC. Frogun is a nostalgic 3D platformer where players take on the role of Renata. A little girl with an unusual sidekick, a frog that’s a gun. Hence, the Frogun. but also her best friend.
In Frogun, Renata is left at base camp by her explorer parents. All while setting out on an expedition to the Beelzebub ruins. When they mysteriously disappear, Renata must head into a rescue mission. Along with the help of their latest invention, the Frogun. Also an intelligent, frog-shaped grappling tool. Rich in depth, collectibles, challenges, and featuring vibrant crisp pixel graphics. Players journey with Renata and her best friend, the titular Frogun. While venturing through mystical jungle ruins, dark depths, and freezing snow caps. On top of scorching lava swamps, as you hunt for treasure, and dodge perilous hazards. You will fight enemies and bosses that test you along the way. Sort of a Mario64 meets Frogger?
Frogun Official Release Date Trailer
Experience dozens of levels across many uniquely themed worlds. Take on other unique adventurers and find unlockable secrets. There are also collectibles and in-game achievements. As well as notes left by pirates, raiders, and previous explorers of the ruins. To reward collection maniacs, Frogun coins can be traded for unlockable cosmetics. Doing so in behind the scenes peeks. Upon 100% completion of the game, players can unlock an expert time trial mode. This is due to provide a set of pro times to beat for each level. Serving as a speed runner’s dream, alongside a bonus dedicated speed running mode.
- Explore colorful levels full of crispy pixelated ruins and freezing snow caps. While you take on scorching lava swamps in a modern portrait of the classic 90s 3D platformer vibe
- From levers to buttons, lethal traps, and adorable enemies. There are certainly countless ways to use your Frogun to search the world
- Race across levels against Renata’s rival and take on the tests of huge bosses
- Find secret areas and shortcuts while mastering the grappling mechanics
- Collect emblems by fulfilling level challenges
- Visit the hatter to trade your coins for hats, bestiary entries, behind the scenes looks at concept art, and more
- Unlock 2-player duel arenas due to test your friends
- Over 30 Frogun’ achievements available on all platforms
- A posable photo mode to show off your creativity!
Frogun 3D platformer launches on August 2nd via Linux and Windows PC. So be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam, which is also coming GOG as well.