Full Metal Furies is an RPG-laden action brawler for up to four players. Not officially announced but there is a Steam page, and it is coming to Linux. Developed by Cellar Door Games, best known for their platformer Rogue Legacy.
Since the brawler formula is outdated news. Hence this game is created for a time when arcade machines guzzled quarters. So this isn’t more plain old beat-em-up gaming. Full Metal Furies is a new take at modernizing the genre. Bringing it to a new generation of gamers. So nothing is sacred in Full Metal Furies, everything is under review. Such as every issue from missing attacks due to obscure depth perception. Or crazy things, like fighting off-screen enemies.
Full Metal Furies Trailer (Windows, then later Linux and Mac)
Full Metal Furies Features
- A modern take on the 2D RPG action brawler for Steam.
- Full online and offline co-op play for up to 4 players.
- Unique ‘quick-swap’ feature in single player. Lets you swap between two classes at any time during the action.
- Tired of button mashing? The game features 4 unique character classes with their own skills and attacks. Engage from afar as the Sniper, slam up close as the Fighter, or prep turrets in people’s faces with the Engineer.
- A special barrier system encourages communication and cooperation amongst players, and ensures that you always fight together.
- Fully featured level up system with complex skill trees that unlock new abilities for each character class.
- Find and master equipment that changes the way each heroine plays.
- No damsels in distress, no saving the girl. Follow the Furies while they search for the answer to peace in a world ravaged by monstrous Titans.
- Uncover hidden treasures galore as you solve meta-puzzles and unveil the secrets behind the disappearance of Prometheus, creator of Man.
- Experience an in-depth adventure that spans multiple worlds and lasts for 20+ hours (estimated).
- Say goodbye to wonky hit detection. FMF uses complex attack logic to ensure obtuse depth perception is a thing of the past.
- No more cannon fodder. Fragile Artillerists will stay away and call air strikes from afar, while heavy-duty Minitaurs will charge at you and get up-close and personal. Every enemy is a threat.
So on top of all this, a heap of more useful features for the action brawler. Hence an RPG skill trees, collectable equipment, and secret world meta-puzzles. And this isn’t even talking about the co-op gaming.
Full Metal Furies is being designed to support true cooperative gaming. So none of this, players sharing the same screen. Forget that news. A special “barrier system” means certain enemies can only be damaged by certain players. Forcing teammates to communicate and work together. If an ally falls you better pick them up, because those barriers don’t go away. And this isn’t just for people playing with friends.
Singleplayer mode features a quick-swap system that allows you to choose two classes while going solo. Everything you do with your friends you can do alone, like stringing elaborate team combos. Best news of all, Cellar Door Games want to give gamers many opportunities to play with their friends and family. Hence why Full Metal Furies is supporting online co-op play.
Full Metal Furies Details:
Particularly what game engine is being used?
- Custom proprietary engine. Uses the XNA/FNA framework.
Can we expect to see as Linux port?
- A Linux port is likely to happen.
Will the game be coming to Early Access first?
- It won’t be available for Early Access, but we will be patching the game as soon as possible when it comes out in order to fix any bugs or issues people may have while playing.
What is the suggested release date?
- We’re hoping to have the game released sometime in Q3 of this year.
And at what stage is development now?
- Extremely far into development. The game is alnost 100% content complete. We’re mostly doing polish, balance, bug fixing, and adding that extra 10% of content above what we agreed upon
So there is a Steam listing for Full Metal Furies action brawler. Yet Linux is not listed and neither is the release date. However we still wanted to share some gaming news about the upcomnig title. Stay tuned for more details.