Full Metal Furies update, the studio will focus on fixing issues before the games Linux release. Since the games available on both Steam and Humble Store. We reached out to Toronto, Canada based Cellar Door Games about the RPG-laden action brawler coming to Linux.
Linux support update:
“We’re currently busy fixing launch issues; but once they are all addressed, we can return our focus back onto other platforms.”
So there you have it. Since this this is somewhat of a given. The games launch on Steam has some Very Positive reviews. And the studio wants to up their game even further. Seeing these are the developers behind Rogue Legacy. Which also had a later release for Linux and Mac. While upholding some excellent reviews.
What is Full Metal Furies?
Full Metal Furies can be played by up to four players. Since the brawler formula is a little outdated. Hence the days of arcade machines guzzled quarters. So this isn’t just some old-school beat-em-up. Full Metal Furies is a new take at modernizing the genre. Which is for the new generation of gamers.
Since everything in Full Metal Furies is scrutinized. Things like missing attacks due to obscure depth perception. Fighting off-screen enemies. So now, we get features like RPG skill trees and collectable equipment.
This also includes meta-puzzles and co-op. Since the games design supports true cooperative gameplay. So it’s not just players sharing the same screen. A special “barrier system” means certain enemies can only be damaged by certain players. This forces teammates to communicate and work together. So if an ally falls, you better pick them up.
Singleplayer mode features a quick-swap system. This allows a player to choose two classes while going solo. So everything you do with co-op you can do alone. Like stringing together elaborate team combos.
Full Metal Furies is not only supporting online co-op play, but full Xbox Play Anywhere and Cross Play support. That means one purchase will allow you to play on your Xbox One or Windows 10 machine, and both console and PC gamers can unite with the Furies to take down the Titans!
Full Metal Furies – Release Date Trailer (Windows, Linux coming later)
Full Metal Furies Features
- A modern take on the 2D RPG-Brawler for Steam, Windows 10, and Xbox One.
- Full online and offline co-op play for up to 4 players.
- Xbox Play Anywhere and Cross Play supported.
- Unique ‘quick-swap’ feature in single player. Lets you swap between two classes at any time during the action.
- Tired of button mashing? The game features 4 unique character classes with their own skills and attacks. Engage from afar as the Sniper, slam up close as the Fighter, or prep turrets in people’s faces with the Engineer.
- A special barrier system encourages communication and cooperation amongst players, and ensures that you always fight together.
- Fully featured level up system with complex skill trees that unlock new abilities for each character class.
- Find and master equipment that changes the way each heroine plays.
- No damsels in distress, no saving the girl. Follow the Furies while they search for the answer to peace in a world ravaged by monstrous Titans.
- Uncover hidden treasures galore as you solve meta-puzzles and unveil the secrets behind the disappearance of Prometheus, creator of Man.
- Experience an in-depth adventure that spans multiple worlds and lasts for 20+ hours (estimated).
- Say goodbye to wonky hit detection. FMF uses complex attack logic to ensure obtuse depth perception is a thing of the past.
- No more cannon fodder. Fragile Artillerists will stay away and call air strikes from afar, while heavy-duty Minitaurs will charge at you and get up-close and personal. Every enemy is a threat.