Double Eleven launches Prison Architect: Gangs, the seventh expansion. Leveling up the hit prison management simulator. Gangs introduce the element of gang combat into your prison. While even adding another level of chaos. Control your prison and maintain its Boiling Point by reforming members and watching your staff.
Enact rules that your inmates must follow and help members develop into proper members of society. When gangs begin to pop up around your facility, each will take on its own personality and reputation. As a result, inmates with certain traits will of course be drawn to similar gangs. Which wardens are due to take control. On top of that, make sure to gauge the “temperature” of your prison. Which gets hotter and more dangerous as gang activity grows.
Prison Architect: Gangs – Release Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
To limit gang activity in your prison, enact methods of inmate reform and release. Use programs like Gang Rehabilitation to slow the spread. Also be sure to invest in state of the art rooms like tattoo removal centers. Plus regulated fight clubs, so prisoners can get out their aggression. Keep a watchful eye on your employees, as crooked guards may try to smuggle in contraband. They may also accept bribes from leaders. Weed these bad seeds out during the hiring process. So be sure to recruit Informants to identify guards who have become corrupt.
- Meet the gang: Gangs form and grow by members coming in via intake or by recruitment. Each gang has its own personality and traits. So some prisoners will naturally be drawn to recruiting groups with the same features.
- Boiling Point: Now you can measure your inmates’ and your prison’s “temperature”. As these groups grow and begin to flex their strength, the ‘danger temperature’ of your prison will rise. Thanks to the ‘Boiling point’ UI, you get a detailed overview of what’s affecting the life of your inmates. Allowing you to act swiftly and keep them happy. Keeping clear of out of control riots.
- Reform and release: Members are now allowed to leave their crew. Help them come clean by removing their tattoos and putting them in the Gang Rehabilitation Program.
- New rooms: Use the Tattoo Removal Room to remove tattoos. Or have members train in the Fight Club Room. Turning their ruinous energy into fighting in a controlled setting.
- Crooked guards: Gangs may coerce guards into smuggling contraband or accepting bribes. You can vet guards during the hiring process (Bureaucracy). As well as recruit C.I.s to identify guards that have turned.
Launching alongside the Gangs expansion is Kite, a free update available to all players. This update brings a variety of upgrades to Prison Architect. Including, more wardens, guard dogs, room sizes, and much more. Kite also brings prison capacity options. Allowing players to fill in specific levels of your facility. The update also provides several upgrades to the game’s menus and mechanics.