Gangs the next big game expansion for Prison Architect is coming to Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Which is a new innovation from the development efforts of Double Eleven and Introversion Software. Arrive on Steam, GOG, and likely Humble Store.
Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven today announced Gangs. Which is also the seventh expansion for Prison Architect. Now bringing you gang warfare, adding another level of chaos to the popular prison management sim. As ar result, you will have to bring order to your correctional facility. You are due to manage its Boiling Point, reform gang members, protecting inmates and staff.
Show these gangs who’s boss by enforcing a strict code of conduct among your inmates. While turning members into valuable members of society. Gangs will form and grow in your facility. Since each group will have its own personality and reputation. As a result, inmates with certain traits will be keen to specific gangs. Take stock of your population by measuring your prison’s “temperature”. Which will get hotter (read: more dangerous) as these groups grow and flex their muscles.
Prison Architect: Gangs – Announcement Trailer
Wardens can enact methods of inmate reform and release. Along with programs like Gang Rehabilitation, due to slow the spread of gang activity. State of the art rooms are available for architects. While offering options to install a tattoo removal center. Even a proper fight club for prisoners to get out of their hostility. Watch out for Crooked guards, as they may try to smuggle in contraband. They may also accept bribes from their leaders. Wardens can weed these bad seeds out during the hiring process. Hiring and recruiting fact finders to identify guards who have become corrupt.
- Meet the gang: These groups form and grow by gang members arriving by in-take or by recruitment. Each group has its own temperament and traits and will be drawn to finding prisoners with the same specific attributes.
- Boiling Point: Now you can measure your inmates and your prison’s “temperature”. As gangs grow and begin to flex their strength, the ‘danger temperature’ of your prison will rise. Thanks to the ‘Boiling point’ UI, you get a detailed overview of what’s affecting the life of your inmates. While allowing you to act swiftly, keeping them happy, and staying away from outrageous riots.
- Reform and release: Members are now allowed to leave their crew. Help them come clean by removing their tattoos and enrolling them in the Gang Rehabilitation Program.
- New rooms: Use the Tattoo Removal Room to remove gangs’ tattoos. You can also have members train in the Fight Club Room. Turning their ruinous energy into fighting in a controlled setting.
- Crooked guards: Gangs may coerce guards into smuggling contraband or accepting bribes. You can vet guards during the hiring process as well as recruit C.I.s to identify guards that have turned.
Launching alongside the Gangs expansion is Kite, a free game update available to all players. This update also brings a variety of upgrades to Prison Architect. Which will be coming to Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Along with more wardens, guard dogs, room sizes, and much more. Kite also brings prison capacity options. Letting players fill in specific levels of your facility. The update also provides several upgrades to the game’s menus and mechanics.
Prison Architect: Gangs will be released soon on Linux, Mac, and Windows PC. Doing so for a suggested retail price of $5.99 USD / 4.79 GBP/ 5.99EUR. Due to arrive on Steam, GOG, and likely Humble Store.