The Gardens Between follows Arina, a headstrong girl, and Frendt, a boy wise beyond his years. While each falls into a series of vibrant, dreamlike island gardens. All full of everyday objects that hold a special significance to the duo.
So together they embark on an emotional journey that examines the significance of their friendship. While using the memories they’ve built. What must be let go. And what should also never be left behind?
The Gardens Between adventure puzzle Story Trailer (Linux, Mac, Windows)
- Manipulate time to solve ingenious puzzles
- Vibrant, storybook-inspired art style
- Dreamy tale of adventure, friendship and also growing-up
- More than twenty gorgeous and surreal gardens islands to explore
- Accessible design; simple controls, no text, speech, time pressure or complex UI
- Relaxing ambient soundtrack by feature-artist Tim Shiel
- Nominated for an IGF 2018 award in ‘Visual Excellence’, amongst 17 other international award nominations.
- Named one of the most ‘highly anticipated titles of 2018’ by Polygon and lauded as one of ‘18 indie games to look forward to in 2018’ by Destructoid.
- Featured in numerous festivals including; Indie MEGABOOTH (PAX East, West), Indie Arena, IGF, IGF China, Out of Index, ACMI, PAX AUS Showcase, Unity Showcase and BIC Fest.
Designed as an homage to the enduring power of friendship. The Gardens Between places you in control of not the characters themselves. While the force that changes and shapes their relationship is time.
So in this mysterious realm they find themselves transported too. Cause and effect are malleable and time flows in all directions. While having you the player solve puzzles to reach the apex of each isle. And light up constellations of memories, illuminating threads of a bittersweet narrative.