Gathering Storm gets a June update for Civilization VI in Linux, Mac and Windows PC games. Thanks to the continuing efforts of Firaxis and Aspyr Media. Which brings a host of new Features. If you don’t own the DLC, check it out on Steam and Humble Store.
Launching on Linux and Mac back on February 14, 2019. Civilization VI: Gathering Storm adds new advanced tech. Also engineering projects and the fan favorite World Congress. While offering support for a living world ecosystem. Revealing natural events that could improve or test your growing empire.
Now it seems the June update brings further changes. A ton of balance and polishing. They also removed CLASS_MELEE tag from GDR. Which was incorrectly giving the GDR a bonus vs. anti cavalry units. You can check out more detail the trailer below.
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm – June 2019 Update (Linux, Mac, Windows PC)
- 3 New World Congress Proposals
- Public Relations: Target Player generates 100% more Grievances. While other players generate 100% more Grievances with the Target Player. OR the Target Player generates 50% fewer Grievances. And other players generate 50% fewer Grievances toward the Target Player.
- Espionage Pact in Gathering Storm. All Spies function +2 levels higher. Since this is for the Target Operation. OR Target Operation is unavailable (later game)
- Military Advisory: Target unit promotion class gains +5 Combat Strength. OR loses 5 Combat Strength
- 1 New Request for Aid Type
- Military Aid Request: So if a civ that you have at least 200 Grievances against declares war on you. A Military Aid Request also becomes available. This uses the gifting system (gold and/or project).
- [ALL RULESETS ON PC] World Builder Basic Mode is now “on” by default. So you can click on Additional Content. Available from the main menu. And you will see the button on the upper right in Gathering Storm.
- Additional bugs and polish are listed in the World Builder section.
- [ALL RULESETS ON PC] Unit Abilities
- Added Unit Abilities tool tip to the Unit panel. So Mouse over a unit portrait to see Unit Abilities. Those that were previously hidden. Note that this will not include brief or specific Abilities.
Diplomacy and Power Lens
- [ALL RULESETS ON PC] Diplomacy Ribbon Yields
- Since the is now an interface option in settings in Gathering Storm. So you can turn on all the player yields on the Diplomacy Ribbon. They are: Always Off, On via Mouse-Over, Always on.
- So many thanks to modders for inspiring this change. Since Firaxis like it better this way as well.
- Power Lens
- Add a Power Lens while on the Power Tab of city view. With area highlights to easily see what is powered and what is not.
- Body of Water Labeling
- Add Map Labels to any body of water. Also available over a certain size (oceans, bays, lakes, etc.)
Civilization VI: Gathering Storm also has new civ’s. The games new content has nine new leaders. Also seven new World Wonders. And a variety of new units, districts, buildings, improvements and more.
So if you do not own the Gathering Storm. Check it out on Steam and Humble Store. Priced at $39.99 USD. With native support for Linux. And also Mac and Windows PC.