Gem Wizards Tactics turn-based squad strategy to get support for the game on Linux with Windows PC. Thanks to indie developer Keith Burgun Games. Who are gearing up for the release next month on Steam.
Keith Burgun Games are eager to announce their turn-based squad strategy game Gem Wizards Tactics. Which is due to arrive on Steam in February 2021. Designed around endless single player play. The game has seven factions each with their own unique abilities. These not only combine within factions, but you can also pick up units from other factions. So you can combine them into your army to create strange team compositions and strategies.
Gem Wizards Tactics is also due to arrive on Windows PC next month. But reaching out to Keith Burgun Games, we are due to see the game on Linux as well.
I hope to have the Linux version out by March. Don’t have a hard date for it yet though. It’s being made in Unity, so Linux should not be a problem.
Obviously, Gem Wizards Tactics will not be a day one release. And we don’t have a solid date for the build. But since Unity 3D is used for development, this should make the porting process easier. Plus it’s also a pleasure to have a unique turn-based squad strategy with native support.
Gem Wizards Tactics – Gameplay Trailer
The gameplay behind Gem Wizards Tactics offers playful tactics. Including weird magic and endless challenges. So you can lead an army to liberate your people from an ancient evil. In many ways, the gameplay will feel familiar to fans of Advance Wars, Fire Emblem or X-Com. But unlike these games, the maps are entirely randomly generated. While enemy units are spawning randomly as well. This means that the challenges are much more emergent and surprising. So your Gem Wizards Tactics strategies will have to be forward thinking as well.
- Wild powers with fun and surprising side-effects! Drill for oil, which is slippery and lights on fire. Spray water around until you create new rivers. Freeze those rivers over with ice magic.
- Randomly generated maps! The map geometry, enemy squads you’re facing off, and Unit Rescue rewards are different every time you play.
- Three distinct factions with LOTS of asymmetry: the classic royal high fantasy knights of the Azure Order. The resource exploiting, terrain burning Business Demons. And the nature and weather controlling Potatoes. Each Gem Wizards Tactics faction has their own unique playstyles and abilities. There’s also cross pollination between the factions. Maybe you can find some neat combo for your Azure Knights sliding over a bunch of freshly fracked oil slicks.
- Three modes are available: a short tutorial, a custom game mode, and a longer-form campaign that has you fight a long series of battles while you level up units and permanently lose others!
- Colorful pixel art Gem Wizards Tactics offers an original melodic soundtrack
- Lots of developer support in the form of new patches, balance changes and more.
Gem Wizards Tactics will be available on Windows PC on Steam for $14.99 USD. With squad strategy to get support for the game on Linux in March.