George Orwell’s Animal Farm due after launch on Windows PC, then Linux, plus we have the summary. According to recent details from developer Nerial. Which now has a release date for Steam.
Indie Development Collective The Dairymen and Nerial, the creators of the BAFTA-nominated Reigns series. Just announced that their game, George Orwell’s Animal Farm, is coming to Windows PC and Mobile on December 10th. But there is hope for a Linux release as well. Here’s the summary.
We are developing on a combination of Unity and our own tech for PC, Mac and Mobile at the moment.
We would love to do a Linux version but I am afraid that will have to come after a successful launch.
Honestly, there was hope for a day one release. But alas, it looks like we will have to wait for Linux. Since Unity 3D is being used for development, you would think a native port would easy enough. Provided the initial launch does well. Which also seems to happen more and more. Never the less, this is a release that should prove to level up the genre.
August marked seventy five years since the novel was published in 1945. Still today, Orwell’s subtle yet razor sharp commentary on the corrupting nature of power. Which also arguably remains as fresh and relevant as ever.
George Orwell’s Animal Farm, which enjoys the full endorsement of the Orwell Estate. Due to be a story, choice-based adventure game. While putting the player at the centre of a symbolic revolution. First by choosing which of the animals’ wishes they follow. And who is ignored or side lined. So that gamers will influence the critical events that define the fate of the farm. Players must also devise strategies to balance resources. As well as defend the farm and keep the animal population happy.
George Orwell’s Animal Farm: VOTE! Trailer
Pick Your Own Adventure Summary
- Cultivate, rebel, or sacrifice the different animals. Including those who live on Manor Farm. While you see their different political strategies play out.
- Guide Manor Farm through seven years of Animalism. Can the player avoid its control and the descent into decay?
- Manage the affairs and feelings of Manor Farm’s animals. All as the fortunes of the farm evolve.
- Fill your George Orwell’s Animal Farm handbook with information. Documenting details about each animal and logging events.
Strategically manage the resources and defence of Manor Farm
- Rally against the two legged enemy: human beings.
- Prepare for battle by building the Farm’s defenses. Likewise, increase resource production. Including the building of the Windmill.
- Perfect springs, sweet summers, golden autumns and bitter winters. While your work through each passing year as Animalism marches on.
George Orwell’s Animal Farm Multiple Endings and unlockable achievements
- So choose your political machinations in George Orwell’s Animal Farm. Either Surveillance, Reeducation or Bloodbaths.
- Reach up to 6 destinies and find 8 different endings.
- Complete all 48 achievements in the Farm’s handbook.
- Bring in new creatures to the Republic of Animals. And as a result, open up new possibilities for the direction of the Farm.
George Orwell’s Animal Farm will be narrated by Abubakar Salim. Who amongst other roles played Bayek in Assassin’s Creed: Origins. His performance was directed by Kate Saxon. Who has worked on a series of high profile video games. Including Everybody’s Gone To The Rapture, Alien: Isolation, The Witcher 2 & 3 and others.
Needless to say, you can understand the need for George Orwell’s Animal Farm. Due after launch first on Windows PC, December 10th on Steam. Followed hopefully by a Linux build.