Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure is a #comedy point and click headed to Linux, Mac and Windows PC. A true love letter to classic-era Lucas adventures, #HPLovecraft, Hitchcock and many, many others. A lighthearted spoof of the Cthulhu Mythos, Gibbous will have you controlling 3 protagonists, dealing with strange cultists, ancient voodoo, and Dead Cthulhu himself. Well, “dead” is just a matter of opinion…
Everything revolves around the dreaded Necronomicon and how it affects the protagonists’ lives. Grizzled detective Don R. Ketype wants it because he always gets his man (or book); and easy going, easy living librarian Buzz Kerwan stumbles upon it and accidentally transforms his cat, Kitteh, into a talking abomination, thus setting on a quest to return her back to cathood.
- Classically-inspired point and click adventure game
- Dark yet humorous – think Lovecraft meets Day Of The Tentacle
- Frame-by-frame traditional animation
- Lovingly painted 2d backgrounds inspired by Transylvanian architecture and nature
- Exploration, character and story-driven experience
- Fully voiced
- Unique item combination responses for just about everything, up to six “examine” responses
- Original soundtrack contains different musical themes for almost every screen
- Tentacles, eldritch things one should not speak of, and all kinds of insanity, both cute and evil
Gibbous – A Cthulhu Adventure will have a Kickstarter campaign coming April 2016 for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Stay tuned. But until then, enjoy the demo.