Nyu Media announced today that Gigantic Army, a side-scrolling mech shooter developed for Windows and Linux, is available now via #Steam. It features 42 achievements, Steam #tradingcards, plus a printable retro-style DVD case insert and CD/DVD label file, allowing gamers to extend Gigantic Army‘ retro goodness into physical reality.
It is the 21st century and Earth is at war with the Ramulons – an alien race determined to stop humanity’s advance into space. Mankind’s war against the Ramulons has reached the planet Ramulon itself and it is now down to you to pilot the ‘GMR-34 SALADIN’ – a Manned Combat Robot – and take on the Ramulon army. You can customize your arsenal of explosive, projectile and plasma weapons, and combine them with melee attacks, thrusters and shield to take the fight to the enemy and end the conflict.
• Six stages of intense mech-shooting action!
• Twelve mid and end level bosses of gargantuan proportions to take down!
• Four difficulty modes from ‘Easy’ to ‘Insane’ to cater for all skill levels!
• Customizable weapons load-out to suit your play style!
• Dash, thrusters and shield give your mech satisfying maneuverability and defensive options!
• Rebalanced gameplay from the original Japanese version!
• 42 achievements!
• Steam Trading Cards!
• Linux Version!
• Bonus retro packaging PDF assets to create your own physical version!
GIGANTIC ARMY boasts awesome retro arcade stylings, slick animation, superbly detailed character and stage design, and additively frenetic game play.