Glyph new 3D platformer due to get support in Linux gaming with Windows PC. According to recent details from developer Bolverk Games. Which is still slated as “coming soon” on Steam.
The new 3D platformer Glyph is a challenging game. The gameplay includes enchanting music, vibrant graphics, and game mechanics. Which all adds up to more than just the sum of their parts. One of those platformers with truly emergent gameplay. Since this is a game that gets better and better the more you play it.
So, of course, I had to reach out to Bolverk Games for details for Linux gaming:
- The game engine is Unity
- Good news, yes. Bad news, we don’t know when.
….the tech-guys decided it would probably not be too difficult or time consuming to adjust the game to Linux. So, it landed on “yes, we want to do this, but nothing specific as to when”.
The developer also wants to offer support, but as stated, they do not know when. But given that the Steam page still outlines a “coming soon” release date. This could mean the fall or early winter 21. So we may or may not have day one support. But in the meantime, check out the latest trailer.
Glyph – Release Trailer
Glyph takes place amidst the desert ruins of a dying civilization. Playing as the titular glyph, you unravel the mystery of the downfall. All while rebuilding a giant ancient temple.
Explore Beautiful Desert Vistas
- Relax after a long day with Glyph’s Exploration mode, where you travel to a wonderful land of mystery and discovery…
- Consistent 50+ frames per second ensure that you’ll be gracefully soaring the skies…
- Through massive worlds of vibrant scenery…
- Uncovering secrets, upgrades, and treasures…
- Bringing the lost nation back from the brink of extinction.
Tear Through Harrowing Time Trials
- Test your skills with a heart-thumping, adrenaline-pumping race against the clock in Glyph’s Time Trial mode.
- The developers have painstakingly made certain that the time trials leave you with bated breath and sweaty palms – as well as a wide grin when you earn a spot on the scoreboard.
Acrobatic Puzzles You Can’t Get Anywhere Else
- The secret behind Glyph’s unique gameplay is the seamless switching between 7 different kinds of movement, combined with expansive freedom.
- In fact, the freedom of movement in Glyph lets you perform such breathtaking feats of mobility that some players are finding new ways to skip directly to the end of some levels.
Immerse Yourself In A World Of Soaring Freedom
- Frederik Keglberg put more than 752 hours of exacting work into creating a soundtrack that is leaving players in awe.
- He made more than 80 tracks, but only half of them -the most gripping- earned their spot in the final version of Glyph.
- That’s why you’re seeing players and reviewers consistently praising the soundtrack.
The new Steam version of Glyph contains:
- HOURS UPON HOURS OF FUN
- 80+ levels in Exploration mode mean players have to put seriously relaxing efforts into the game before seeing it all.
- 30 blazing hot levels put your skills to the stress test in Time Trial mode.
- 100+ secrets and upgrades are all part of the game from the beginning. With Glyph, you won’t have to pay for extra skins or cool unlocks.
- A classic and wicked mean final boss…
Glyph 3D platformer is still “coming soon” on Steam. But due to arrive on Windows PC, and at some point, offer support in Linux gaming. But for now, be sure to Wishlist the game on Steam.