Goetia is a point and click adventure game for Linux, Mac and Windows PC. Following the #story of a deceased teenage girl risen from the dead to #uncover #events that leading to the downfall of the family estate.
- A 2D world of Victorian mystery.
- Over 90 rooms to explore.
- Five vast and diverse areas to discover – Blackwood Manor is surrounded by ruins, woods, caves and an abandoned village.
- A progressive-rock and ambient-inspired soundtrack.
- Use your ability to walk through walls in order to reach secret rooms and areas.
- Possess objects like a poltergeist to lift them, use them, combine them, make them float in the air, pile them up… well, you’re a ghost after all, behave like one!
- Solve puzzles in more than one way by discovering hidden rooms and special features, such as new ghostly powers.
- Delve into Blackwood’s story: 40 years have passed, and many things have changed since Abigail’s death.
- Feel free to explore! You can travel through the world of Goetia however you like – and if you get stuck, simply backtrack and explore another area.
Seek out clues, finding objects, and figuring out how to use or combine them in order to progress through the different areas, puzzles and encounters. However, there is one major difference compared to other adventure games that you might be used to. In Goetia, you play the part of Abigail, the ghost of a young lady. And as a ghost, you can walk through walls and fly through ceilings, you can explore everywhere as you see fit. But… to manipulate objects, you’ll have to possess them, just like a real poltergeist would. And once you possess an object, you can’t pass through walls anymore.
However the occult appear to have noted your presence. Magical barriers often thwart progress, then, yet oodles of lore related to both the Otherside and your family tree are exposed in the unforeseen detours.