Going Green expansion releases for Prison Architect in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC. Thanks to developer Double Eleven and publisher Paradox Interactive. This epic new content is live on Humble Store, GOG, Steam and Paradox Plaza.
Going Green is the latest expansion for their prison management simulator Prison Architect. Currently receiving 80% Positive reviews on Steam. While inmates become a green thumb. Now introducing farming, green energy, and expanded gameplay mechanics.
For those looking to start playing Prison Architect. The base game is now available during a Steam sale this weekend. Officially running until February 1. So that players can purchase the base game at a 75% discount. While the Psych Ward and Island Bound expansions at a 40% and 50% discount respectively. For anyone who wants to try before they buy. Prison Architect will be free to play this weekend through to January 31st on Steam.
Prison Architect: Going Green | Release Trailer
“Xbox Game Pass on PC is a great way for us to reach new players. And lower the barrier to entry for prospective Prison Architect fans,” says Steacy McIlwham, Product Manager for Prison Architect at Paradox Interactive. “We have more great content planned for 2021. And we want as many people as possible to join our community and come along for the journey!”
- Fruits of Labor: Farming introduces a new type of Prison Labor. As a result, this allows prisons to grow potatoes, wheat, apples, and more. In Going Green, produce can be exported or used as ingredients for inmate meals.
- Room to Grow: Three outdoor rooms facilitate farming. These are Fruit Orchard, Farm Field and Vegetable Allotment. But that’s not all, players can recruit staff Farm Workers. Also building a Pantry to store produce. And construct a Shed to house farming related items.
- Best Buds: Inmates who enjoy nature’s beauty can grow flowers and other plants as a hobby. Gardening affects inmates and gives them a positive leisure activity.
- Trouble is Brewing: With new crops comes new contraband. Prisoners can now secretly grow herbs in the fields. While swiping kitchen ingredients to brew Booze. Fields can also become Gang Turf, so keep your guards on alert!
- A Greener New Deal: Prisons get an eco-friendly makeover. Including Solar, Wind, and Solar/Wind Hybrid power sources. Excess power created by these helpful methods can be sold back to the grid. That the player can do using the Power Export Meter.
Launching alongside Going Green is The Glasshouse, a free content update. Which is available to all Prison Architect players. Wardens will notice some highly requested community improvements. While including additional objects, quick rooms, community improvements. The best part – Wardens will also be joined by two new K9 units Shepherd and Bowtie Bandit.
Therefore, Prison Architect: Going Green is available now on Humble Store, GOG, Steam and Paradox Plaza. Releasing priced at $9.99 USD/ £7.19 GBP/ €9.99 EUR. While including continuing support in Linux gaming, Mac and Windows PC.