Goner a new primal terror coming to Kickstarter
Goner is a new primal terror coming to Kickstarter for Linux and Windows PC. According to independent games development studio Loco Players. Which is due to kick off their crowdfunding campaign soon. And we have a sneak peak.
The Goner Kickstarter campaign is due to release on August 4th. Hoping to fund the new dinosaur themed survival horror game.
In Goner you will embark on a journey of primal terror starring Anthony Sunder. A son looking for his missing mother and her expedition crew. Likewise, his search will lead him to the location of a ghost island. One that is also inhabited by hostile members of a lost civilization. Plus feral fauna you thought extinct.
“There’re many dinosaur games but there has been no single player. OR story driven survival horror game since Dino Crisis was released 20 years ago. And that one was not from the first person perspective”, says Yeray Schwartz, CEO at Loco Players.
What better way to experience a story driven survival horror, but on Linux. Since the Goner announcement includes Windows PC support. We reached out to developer Loco Players for further details about Linux.
Alright, we’re developing with Unity. And yes, you can expect a Linux port on release.
Also, be sure to check out the trailer. It’s both intense and keeps you on the edge of your seat.
Goner – Kickstarter Launch Teaser Trailer
If you want to see more, make sure to check out the developer’s YouTube channel. Since you can see more content and get a feel for the game.
- Self-manage your hunger, thirst, fatigue, temperature and health.
- Hunt, collect, cook, drink, rest or craft.
- Save your Goner progress using a specific consumable in a safe room.
- Limited inventory capacity.
- Day and night cycles with sun and moon phases + weather system.
- Complex AI and behaviors.
- Camouflage your smell with mud or water.
- Two Game Modes: Survival and Story.
- Custom your appearance and defenses with self-made armor or clothes, building and setting traps.
- The island will be fill with natural dangers such as toxic gases, poisonous flora and fauna, lava or quicksand.
The Goner Kickstarter crowdfunding campaign for Goner will help to get more funds. Covering the costs related to the production and development. Funds will be critical to improve core features.
Therefore, with the primal terror coming to Kickstarter. This will help improve animations, models and textures. As well as porting the game to other consoles and VR devices. So mark that calender, August 4th is when the campaign goes live.