Good Night, Knight mixes procedural generation with hand made puzzles and story. Featuring heavy hitting deliberate combat. While featuring robust stealth mechanics. And also a huge selection of versatile items. With unique threatening enemies to face.
The engine of the Good Night Knight is GameMaker Studio 2.0. And yes, there will be a Linux port.
Good Night, Knight is by RedEmber Studios. And likewise, the games currently in a development stage. Alpha version is available on Itch.io. But only supports Windows PC. Boasting a dedicated and actively involved development community. Who are all gathered on Discord.
Become the one and only. Extremely honorable, brave and a little bit sleepy, Knight of the Holy Divers. The ancient evil has been banished. The princess rescued and the Knight retires. As as result, something goes wrong. You awake falling to your death in Good Night, Knight. Probably from the top of the mysterious underworld spire. Regain your memories and to save the world, again. Go forth Holy Diver it’s – definitely – all up to you.
Good Night, Knight – Reveal Trailer
Good Night, Knight is a humorous twist on stories you know. Since they range from fantasy books and games. Taking place in a pixel medieval world. With rather unique and peculiar knights. Also creatures and many different story events. While offering a very unusual experience.
This is a charming 16-bit sneak and slash adventure. Good Night, Knight is a mechanically deep dungeon crawler. Featuring robust stealth and stamina management. Likewise, a dynamic field of view system. Versatile items and resource management. And a lot more to discover.
- Strategic heavy- itting combat: So skill, timing, and good positioning are key to your survival.
- Robust stealth elements: Sneak and peek around corners. Due to the dynamic field of view system. So you can learn where enemies are patrolling. And hopefully catch them off guard. Or hack and slash your way through all of them.
- Procedurally generated dungeons: Randomly generated areas and a mix of hand-made puzzles. This also makes each campaign unique and interesting.
- Huge amounts of loot to find and equip: Mix and match gear, potions, and curses. Find your preferred playstyle in Good Night, Knight .
- Risk/Reward management: Choose between retreating to rest. Or simpley move onwards for extra rewards.
- Extra challenges: Enable many different extra challenge modifiers. So you can gain even more rewards. But don’t get too greedy!
- Prepare yourself for battle: Food, ingredients, and provisions. They also help you stay in top shape during Good Night, Knight battles. Gather resources during combat. Also manage how much to spend during plans.
- No permadeath: Progress is saved while advancing through the campaign. And just like real life, death can still be very costly.
- Optional Ironman mode: In this game mode, if you die, everything is lost. Only for the toughest Knights!
- Dog petting: Pet a dog.