Gord adventure strategy game needs enough demand for Linux support with Windows PC. According to recent details from developer Covenant. Working to make its way onto Steam in 2022.
Covenant is a new Polish game development studio founded by former CD PROJEKT RED and 11 bit studios producer, Stan Just. Announcing the game Gord last year. Which is a single player, adventure strategy title in a grim fantasy world. While taking inspiration from Slavic folklore. The unique survival, quest, and city builder elements. This is due to keep players on their toes as they play through the procedurally generated scenarios.
A Covenant developer recently replied to a sardonic comment in the Gord Discussions thread.
…if there was enough demand for the game to be on Linux then the team would consider porting to the platform.
The interest behind Gord is certainly there. Offering a kind of Frostpunk meets RPG style. Plus the game is developed in Unreal Engine 4, offering a more native Linux option. But this is once again, a game we have to throw Tux Love toward. A title that teases with its visuals, gameplay, and announcement trailer.
Gord | Official Announcement Trailer
Gord is a single-player, adventure strategy game. One that features a growing society and eerie forbidden lands. Not to mention some amazing mythical creatures. Players complete quests and manage the people. While personal stories and well being impact the fate of the growing village.
- Adventure strategy in a dark fantasy setting – Lead the people of the Tribe of the Dawn as they venture deep into forbidden lands. Due to ensure the survival of your people in a grim fantasy world.
- A unique city builder with survival elements – Grow your Gord from a humble settlement to a solid fortress. All while your population is constantly at risk from enemy tribes. Including gruesome monsters and mysterious powers that lurk in the surrounding woods.
- AI driven quest system to ensure lots of variety – Side quests and random events will send you off into the wilderness. Due to hunting down legendary creatures and uncovering secrets about the Ancients. Then destroy a nasty scourge.
- Custom scenarios with procedural level generation – Choose from a variety of primary objectives in Gord. Then select the level size and force of raids. As well as the setting you’ll play in and the types of enemies you’ll face. This also includes starting resources. Even the fury of the weather.
- Impactful Sanity and Burden systems – Every aspect of your settlers’ lives from illness to hunger. Even to the death of their kin. These can impact your villagers’ mental state.
- Unleash powerful Spells – Spells vary in nature – some are offensive while others are defensive. They all help to tip the front line in your favor.
- Uncover the world’s mysteries in The Chronicle – Pages torn from The Chronicle will be spread around the game’s lands. Giving eager players an further test of finding lore. Which also explains the details of the Gord universe.
Gord adventure strategy game is due on Windows PC in 2022. While Linux support comes with enough community interest. Due to release on Steam, so be sure to Wishlist the game. There’s a good chance it will happen.